Home
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona AZ Draw - 07/08/16
My card got hit today. Mixed bag applied for, so no idea yet what's in store.
Posted By: willflow Re: AZ Draw - 07/09/16
Got hit this morning. They have a new progress page so you'll know when they are done.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: AZ Draw - 07/09/16
My last three choices were 100% draw so no point in checking yet.
Posted By: Owl Re: AZ Draw - 07/09/16
Just checked my CC. Looks like I was drawn for deer.

I only put in for two hunts, so it's one of these:

1) 01098 ANTLERED WHITETAIL DEER 10/21/2016-10/27/2016 UNIT 29

---or---

2) 01102 ANTLERED WHITETAIL DEER 10/21/2016-10/27/2016 UNIT 30A

I also put in for Desert Big Horn... Sure would be nice to get a hit on the CC for $313.00
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: AZ Draw - 07/09/16
Cc would only be hit for $300, so keep your eyes peeled!
Posted By: jmgraham1986 Re: AZ Draw - 07/10/16
Since this is my first year, I have a few questions. Is it over, or does the draw process take a few days? Do I still have a chance?
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: AZ Draw - 07/10/16
I think you still have a chance.
Posted By: mohave_mauler1 Re: AZ Draw - 07/11/16
Card got hit, hopefully hunting the 15's muzzleloader with my son.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/11/16
Anyone know when they post results up on their webpage? I just checked and the last thing on my results is the Elk and Antelope points I bought.

I'm a Luddite and don't check my CC account online.

Geno
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw - 07/13/16
hit my card on the 11th, and website tonight still says "pending" not "drawn"

either 12B or 9 for me.

Sycamore
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/13/16
Sycamore,

Good luck whichever unit you pulled.

I had the same "pending" message for mine.

Maybe I'll have results when I get back from work on Monday.

Geno
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: AZ Draw - 07/14/16
My card got hit also, not sure what unit yet. Results should post Monday the 18th.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw - 07/17/16
still pending

Sunday night 6 pm

Sycamore
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/18/16
Mine too,
Still pending 0932 PDT

Geno
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw - 07/18/16
still pending, 10:02 PM MST (PDT)

Sycamore
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/18/16
Guess I'll check again in the AM.

Good luck Sycamore, as long as we're still pending, we ain't out of it yet. smile

Geno
Posted By: krp Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
If your card was hit you have a tag, pending is on the CC side.

There were 1200 CC rejections and 2 girls that have to call for payment, they are required to call 3 times. Then they have to go to the next in line for the tag.

One guy cussed out a girl because he needed to come up with 300.00 bucks and a deer tag is 45.00... F'n idiots... I hope he lost his sheep tag.

Takes about two weeks to get this done.

Kent
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
Originally Posted by krp

There were 1200 CC rejections and 2 girls that have to call for payment, they are required to call 3 times. Then they have to go to the next in line for the tag.

One guy cussed out a girl because he needed to come up with 300.00 bucks and a deer tag is 45.00... F'n idiots... I hope he lost his sheep tag.

Kent

Thanks Kent, for that info.

I don't check my CC online, I'll have to wait until the statement comes or until the "pending" is changed on their website.

I haven't had any calls, so I'm not the guy who cussed out the girl grin (this time). Besides, my wife has me trained by now and I'm much nicer on the phone nowadays.

Geno
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
Got drawn, finally posted today. laugh 20B muzzle loader. WOOHOO. Now to get my rifle set up and squared away.
Posted By: Calvin Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
My brother was drawn for Kaibab West mule deer. Looks like I'm going to AZ in the end of Oct to give him a hand on that hunt.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent, they hit my card early. Pending is what it said on the "portal" you log into. I think that is just a place holder until they release the info.

I was hoping for first choice 12B, but drew 9 which will be good too.

Sycamore
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
NO luck, got home from town and had email saying results were up.

Guess I'll have better odds next year,

ya'll have fun and be safe.

I'll put in for (and likely draw) my HAM tag for February when that draw happens, so I at least get to see AZ again!

Geno
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw - 07/19/16
Geno,

sorry to hear that. what unit were you applying for?

Sycamore
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/20/16
Sycamore,

I put in for the 6B/8 whitetail hunt, I had that one a couple of years back, and the one across the hiway, 6A. They're late so I don't have to take time off work, I'm already on furlough for the winter. And my brother lives in Flag so I have a place to warm up and shower every few days.

I finally put in for sheep too, with 14 points, 15C north and 15D where I used to live and know the area along with the 6A hunt in case I drew the deer tag.

There's always next year. When I retire I'll probably put in for other earlier hunts.

Hope you have a successful hunt.

Geno
Posted By: MikeS Re: AZ Draw - 07/20/16
15D is the better sheep choice right now. 15C was decimated by lions (and the drought) a few years back but is coming around. The 15s have some pneumonia problems right now with the older class rams in particular.
Posted By: Owl Re: AZ Draw - 07/20/16
I drew Oct 21 hunt in 29A for whitetail
Posted By: mohave_mauler1 Re: AZ Draw - 07/20/16
Drew early 15's. Was hoping for the later hunt but i will enjoy a good time with my son all the same. Now to get his muzzleloader sorted out.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: AZ Draw - 07/21/16
35A
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AZ Draw - 07/23/16
Mike,
I have a contact there that told me the same thing, I just happen to know the area well and like it. I'm not after a trophy, unless one just happens along, so any tag I get will be fun. Seems like they've been fighting the pneumonia stuff for years.

For all the deer hunters who drew, I hope you're all successful.

Geno
Posted By: MikeS Re: AZ Draw - 07/24/16
Totally understand Geno. I killed my class IV Ram in 15CN at the bottom of its low point. Awesome country though and as they say any sheep tag is a good tag!

I'll be backpacking in 33 again for coues this year.

Mike
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: AZ Draw - 09/05/16
I drew 20A for deer
© 24hourcampfire