Home
Posted By: TurdusMerula Info/opinions needed - 09/22/16
Hi all!

I just bought a big(ish) pile of Remington's Premiere Partition cartridges with 200gr Nosler Partition bullets in 30-06. I just can't find any info on them. How fast are the loads? I believe they will work nicely as an all around loads for the deer, roe deer and some possible moose hunts. Shooting distances will be 99% less than 150 yards.
How do you thing about this purchase? I got them about the 1/3 price of other premier bullets. Practically I got cartridges cheaper than if I had bought just 200gr Partition bullets.
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/22/16

Posted By: mudhen Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/23/16
Like you, I could not find any information of these Remington factory loads. In my reloading manuals, most loads for 200-grain bullets in the .30-06 max out at around 2,650 fps. Except for one or two, the most accurate loads were in the 2,500 -2,550 fps range. Sighting in at 1-2 inches high at 100 meters should allow you to hold where you want to hit out to 150 with no problems.
Posted By: bangeye Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/23/16
Pretty heavy bullet for the deer and Roebuck but dead is dead. I guess I would be most concerned about reliable expansion on smaller roe deeretc.but I expectnthey will do fine. Mud hen is spot on as far as poi.
Posted By: KC Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/24/16

TurdusMerula:

You can get all the info for Remington Ammunition on this web site.

https://www.remington.com/ammunition/centerfire-rifle

Welcome to the campfire. Pull up a stump. smile

KC

Posted By: mudhen Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/24/16
Originally Posted by KC

TurdusMerula:

You can get all the info for Remington Ammunition on this web site.

https://www.remington.com/ammunition/centerfire-rifle

Welcome to the campfire. Pull up a stump. smile

KC

I actually looked at all the data on that site yesterday and a 200-grain Partition .30-06 load does not appear anywhere.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/24/16
Should work great on anything. Nuff said..
Posted By: ringworm Re: Info/opinions needed - 09/25/16
at 200 yards the difference in drop between a 2500 MV and a 2600 MV is so negligible that you probably couldn't tell the difference without sandbagging a HBAR LR rifle inside a laboratory.
meaning, quit sweating it, hunt.
© 24hourcampfire