Home
Posted By: powdr Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Some people have complained about me being cheap and a beggar. To those of you haters...my son graduated w/a Master's Degree in Bio Medical Technology from U of Texas/Arlington this past week and is coming home tomorrow worn out but on the Dean's List. My wife and I, just like a lot of you all, have scrimped, saved and given him every penny we had extra. He has been invited to enroll in the Doctorial program w/a paid position in one of the school's experimental labs. Guys, you'd never believe the things they're doing in medicine now days. Anyway, I'm so glad I could guide and help him financially in any way I could. My wife has been the real soldier...never wavering through thick and thin. I'm finally getting him off the pay roll as he just turned 24. He cares nothing about guns, fishing or the outdoors and it hurt me in the early years but I saw how trivial that was and just decided to love him as he was. I'm just so proud of him...it's just hard to put into words. I still won't be able to get a deer lease but you know it doesn't really matter. Thanks for reading, powdr
Posted By: 805 Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Huge congrats to your son and parents!!
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Congrats to your son and to the both of you seeing him through to graduation.

Doc
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Congrats powdr to the both of you. You need to quit caring one iota what anyone else thinks though.
Posted By: verhoositz Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
It's all about perspective and what's in it for the long haul for your children. BTDT and have had regrets only when mine didn't put as much into the effort as the BH and I did until after we cut the sugar tit off. Both of them have grown into fine men, just on their terms, now that they are in their 40's.
Congrats on a job well done by all involved.
Ron
Posted By: Ringman Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
powdr,

Congrats to you and your family.
Posted By: GregW Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Congrats powder....
Posted By: CoElk101 Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Congrats to all on jobs well dun.
Posted By: powdr Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/20/17
Thanks guys, it really is a major mile stone in my life. powdr
Posted By: Deflagrate Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/21/17
Another congratulations! You did something right.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/21/17
Congrats, I hope you get to deer hunt this year!
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/22/17
Congrat to you and your family!!!
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/22/17
Congrats to you and your family! Also, don't give up on the guns and hunting situation. I did a some squirrel and rabbit hunting when I was young. Deer hunted a handful of times. It just wasn't my thing at that point in my life. From the time I entered college til I was about 35, I fired a gun only a handful of times. At that point I was invited by some friends to do some duck hunting and deer hunting. I've been hooked ever since. I've got a safe full of rifles and shotguns, a reloading room full of equipment and supplies, and a couple of nice mounts on my wall. It was just a matter of being at different times in my life with different interests.
Posted By: hanco Re: Proud Dad Also! - 05/23/17
Congrats, Lots of hard work!!
© 24hourcampfire