Home
I've been hunting Land Between The Lakes since I was 10 years old. Did and I were drawn for area 9 this year for the quota hunt. I have hunted several of the areas over the years, but I have never hunted area 9. I hear it is steep, hard to hunt, and holds very little crop land.

Does anyone here have any information on area 9? Any starting point would be great.
The guys over at http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/ will be able to help you. There are a lot of them that hunt LBL.
Used to put in for the deer hunt there every year. We hunted it the first year it was open back in the 1960's, and I ran a buck out of a thicket to my buddy, and he shot it. Used to be a good place to deer hunt, but haven't put in for a hunt in many years. Back then, there was a good heard of fallow deer there, and that's what a lot of hunters were looking for.
One of these years I'm going to take a break from chasing my son's baseball games and get to LBL for a spring squirrel hunt! I haven't been there in many years and then it was only as a kid for a stop over.
Got drawn for unit 11 on the TN side this year. Headed over there next Thursday AM. Be my first time there. I should be picky, prolly only consider shooting a 160" deer. <G>
© 24hourcampfire