Home
Cookie headed out with a spike camp while I was still finishing up an unsuccessful Wy elk hunt. Caught up with her and got the big wall tent camp set up about 3 days later.

Deer numbers are down locally, but with 3 weeks of dawn to dusk efforts she did manage to hit the shutter about 3,000 times. Here's a sampling:

Starting with a fawn. Always good when one can look into an eye.
[Linked Image]

Then a spike that may have some plumbing issues. Velvet still not cleaned up. Not a chance of being a dink winner though.
[Linked Image]

Next a forky sampling cottonwood leaves.
[Linked Image]

Followed by an early morning 3by in the rabbit brush.
[Linked Image]

Next a 4by testing the air for obvious reasons.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/22/17
Thanks for posting. I always enjoy her pics.
1911a1: Your welcome, and thanks.

Next a bedded 5by that simply would not turn around, but she got him later on.
[Linked Image]

Just a big bodied guy with almost a white tail configuration.
[Linked Image]

One of the larger 4by's hanging around but a little weak up front
[Linked Image]

One she called Big Ugly that showed up on a snowy day. Good frame but weak tines.
[Linked Image]

A drop tine buck that took a lot of patience to run down
[Linked Image]
A minor scuffle with no damage done. We did see several bucks though that have lost an eye.
[Linked Image]

Only managed to capture a couple river crossings
[Linked Image]

A larger Roman nosed guy on a frosty morning. Another one that never really came close enough for a good portrait. About 150 yds out here. Probably one of the reasons he's attained that size.
[Linked Image]

One she called the Masked Bandit,
[Linked Image]

and the Peeking buck that had not really cleaned up his antlers.[Linked Image]
A little trash that has been around for about 3 seasons now
[Linked Image]

And a tallish 5by that looks to be a bit of a fighter.
[Linked Image]

Then some of the other critters that got in the way. Ringneck
[Linked Image]

a few coyotes,
[Linked Image]

a Rough Legged hawk that is pretty much a sit and wait type hunter,
[Linked Image]

and a Screech Owl that dropped by almost nightly and was illuminated by flashlight.
[Linked Image]

Have a good one and best of luck out there,
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/22/17

Cookie has a fantastic talent !

Great stuff !

smile
Posted By: SKane Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/22/17
I always look forward to your wife's wonderful captures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/22/17
Thanks for the comments. It is a low stress endeavor for me, and reason to be out in the wilds for another 3 weeks or so as opposed to sitting around the house. Would like to say it's low stress for Cookie too, but she can throw a fit when a battery dies, someone/something spooks off the target, or the critters just walk the wrong way. Also, seems the big guys like to show up about dark.
Posted By: RNF Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/22/17
Enjoyed the pictures, Your wife has talent , thanks for sharing.
Posted By: CRS Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/23/17
Thank you for sharing
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/23/17
Fantastic photos!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie's 2017 Photo Run - 11/23/17
A little evidence that perhaps we should have spent some more time around the house. Bedded about 25 yds away as I was stoking up the Weber grill and closing the lid on the turkey. [Linked Image]
Folks are still out looking for these, and we're running them out of the yard.
Nice work Cookie!
Awesome as usual!!!!!!!
AlwYs enjoy the pics. Thanks for sharing them.
Enjoy your pics
Break time:
[Linked Image]
To those with a discriminating eye for the location, please be discrete.

Just had a 3by go through the yard.
Looks to have lost an eye.
[Linked Image]
1minute and cookie... wonderful photos, thanks for sharing with us ! HH
Just got word from one of our wardens that Big Ugly bought the farm in a late muzzle loader season.
RIP
[Linked Image]
Great bucks, thanks for sharing.
1Minute, tell your wife Thank You for capturing the wildlife and wilderness that we love so much through the lens of her camera.
What a beautiful display of God's creations. Thank you for sharing.
Just noticed this.... Fantastic photos all around.

I'm a Cookie fan for sure and always enjoy the submissions from the photo trips.

As always well done and THANK YOU for sharing them!
Fantastic pictures to be sure.
These Pics are Extraordinary Great Work my compliments
Add me to the list of fans of your wifes work. These posts are well worth the perusal. Does Cookie do it just for fun or does she sell her photos? Where can I buy a Cookie 2018 Wildlife calendar...?
Azar:

Does Cookie do it just for fun or does she sell her photos?

Strictly for fun. She will occasionally print and donate a pic for a local fundraiser, but mostly it's a reason to get out, spend time with a few fellow photographers, and then weed through several hundred images to find a few good captures. She just retired this past spring, and despite some encouragement, has no desire to ruin a pleasant hobby by going commercial. Once in a while she has encounters with pros, and for the most part they are not fun to be around being competitive, impatient, and disruptive in the field.

She will sit for hours for a potential opportunity, but let me cause a delay of 30 seconds out there, and I will hear about it.

Should one happen to see an image here that really floats their boat, let us know via a PM, and we could check into routing a higher definition *.tif file through some "ftp" site or perhaps mailing a thumb drive back and forth. Still not something we want to pursue heavily.

If one simply wants something like a desktop copy, right click the image, click "properties," copy the image link (usually a "postimage.org" site, or the photo gallery here). Go to that site, and save that image. I typically try to put up screen sized images, but some sites downsize them a bit.

Cookie does Facebook, puts some images up there herself, but that's strictly a family/close friend deal. I'm not even a "friend" there.

Thanks for the comments though, feel free to offer constructive suggestions as well, and have a good one,
Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting.
Incredible pictures, love the way she captures the feel of the air even.
Awesome! They really capture the feeling of being there!
© 24hourcampfire