Home
You people are a bad influence. I used to be quite happy shooting them with a 7x57 or .308.

She isn't very special, but it seems the .223 is enough gun even without AI. Only went about 35 yards.

[Linked Image]

64 gr Nosler over CFE223 for the record.
Posted By: SKane Re: Stunt Shooter Ticket Punched - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

She isn't very special, but ..........

She'll be right special when you're eating loins fresh off the grill. smile
Perfect shot placement.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Stunt Shooter Ticket Punched - 11/24/17
First off, I didnt even think that could be done...

Is that even legal, or ethical?

whistle
Posted By: ingwe Re: Stunt Shooter Ticket Punched - 11/24/17
laugh
Originally Posted by ingwe

whistle
i

Neither, but who's telling?
Dang you guys and your pea shooters. If you want the job done, use enough gun...22-250

[Linked Image]
Must have been a fluke.
how much cfe are you using?
Originally Posted by ingwe

whistle

Lighten up Francis, it's not like he put ice in sippin' whiskey or something else heinous. laugh
Must be the weekend for it, I popped my stunt shooting cherry Friday. 75gr Hornady bthp 120 yds T3 with 6x SWFA

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 79inpa
how much cfe are you using?

26.0 gr IIRC, but, as always, work up to it, might be too much in your rifle, yada, yada.. CZ says it is OK to run 5.56 x 45 pressures,
Deplorable. Utterly irresponsible and a bad example for all. Your success teetered on the razor edge between improbable and impossible. What if your shot placement had been off by an inch in any direction? Tell me that. If you square the diameter of that tiny bullet divided by the foot pounds of energy less the velocity plus the Rockwell hardness of the jacket you would know instantly that whatever cachet that cartridge and rifle carries it is no good for deer.

Deplorable as it is, I wish I had a couple of chops from that deer to fry with eggs for my late breakfast here on the lazy coast. grin
I'm glad you guys had good luck with your .223. The first time using it for us was just the opposite. As stated in other topics, Deer took 4 64g Winchester power Points. 2 to the lungs, one to the liver and one broke the front leg and deflected down not entering the body. The ones that did get in showed no sign of expansion and none exited. (I didn't look for the bullets) I did not chronograph these to see what their actual velocity was (factory), but do plan to try other bullets in the hope I can get this to work. Back to the deer, as it stood there it finally started to bleed from the mouth and than fell over. It took awhile though.
That is a gorgeous rifle, CZ Correct? My son has shot 3 deer with his 223, all fairly quick deaths. My only complaint is meat loss, those deer when the bullet hit bone looked to be hit by a grenade. I think that has a lot more to do with the bullet selection (Remington bonded hyper velocity ammo) than the 223 round itself. If he continues to hunt with that round we will be switching ammunition this season. He is getting big enough though to carry a gift given to him by his late grandpa on his first birthday. A savage 99 30-30, little more punch on both ends but he’s a big boy.

MM
Yes, a 527 Lux, one of the newer ones with 1-9" twist. Thank you for the compliment.

As I think I said in the original post, the bullet slipped between two ribs entering so I don't know what it would looked like if I had hit bone.

Grats to your son, I'd be using Grandpa's rifle too.
© 24hourcampfire