Home
Posted By: StoneCutter 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17

I hope the hell I can do this 50 years from now. Watch the video too, he's looking pretty good for his age.

https://community.deergear.com/the-hunt/104-year-old-clyde-roberts-bags-another-big-buck/
Posted By: shaman Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
I'm hoping they have to dart me out of my treestand.

It may be mid-July, I may be struggling to chamber a pack of Rolaids in my 30-06, but I want to be up there.
Posted By: skeen Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
Great story- 104 years old and still gettin' it done, with a .270, no less!
Originally Posted by skeen

Yea, but when you're 104, you're allowed to use a .270.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
Truly inspirational!

A couple years ago I witnessed a a guy in his 80's or 90's mooching through the deer woods with a walker, with his rifle clamped across the handlebars.
Posted By: mart Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Pretty damn cool. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: SKane Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
That is so freaking awesome! Way-to-go, Clyde!
Posted By: hanco Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
Probably a WW II vet
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/18/17
I'm half his age and my body is ready to cash it in!
he was hunt on ward burtons property. he has some prime hunting land. ward is a great guy ,i got to know him during the fight to stop the shenandoah fish kills from 2004 -2010. he did a lot of fighting to get our sewage treatment plants upgraded with better filtration systems.

i have a very close friend that missed his first season of deer hunting this year at 88 yrs old.he says he started hunting at 18. i surely hope i can hunt 70yrs.
Posted By: ihookem Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Originally Posted by SKane

By the time I'm 104 you can hunt Price co. with us all. By then it might be good again.
Posted By: SKane Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by SKane

By the time I'm 104 you can hunt Price co. with us all. By then it might be good again.

laugh laugh

If you make it to 104, I'll put in a good word for you with the big guy. I'm sure he and I will be acquainted well before that. *grins*
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Inspirational to say the least. I plan on trying to out do him in a few years! God willing....

I have no excuses now, after watching him on video, to complain about sore joints, too tired, too hot, too cold, etc.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Man what a story! A lot to look up to!
Posted By: RNF Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Good for him. I hope he stays healthy and has many more years ahead..
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

At 104 years of age who are we to question his wisdom of using a .270?? Thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

At 104 years of age who are we to question his wisdom of using a .270?? Thanks for posting.

Cool story! I wonder if maybe he's using a 6x45? Just sayin.
Posted By: okie john Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
Nice bucks. I'm 56 and his grandkids are probably older than me. I hope I'm still going strong 10 years from now, much less 50.

Okie John
I need to show this to my Dad. He's 95 and still hunting. Maybe this will keep him going a few years longer. He still rides his 30 year old four wheeler and climbs into our 10-12 foot tower stands.
Originally Posted by magshooter1
I need to show this to my Dad. He's 95 and still hunting. Maybe this will keep him going a few years longer. He still rides his 30 year old four wheeler and climbs into our 10-12 foot tower stands.

Good for him. I wish your Dad all the best.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: 104 Year Old Deer Hunter - 12/19/17
My Dad is a young 91, still commercial fishes (runs trot lines- traps- and hoop nets by hand), hunts, plants a 3 acre garden, and does whatever he wants to. Nobody around here old enough to tell him he cant do something.
This is a good one.

92 year old WW2 vet gets "lost" while deer hunting by himself. This is another tough old dude. This happened last Saturday night. Actually, he wasn't lost, it just got too dark for him to find his way out. Again, I hope I can do this 35 years from now.

Watch the video, he reminds me of my father.

http://wjla.com/news/local/92-year-...nd-rescue-drone-shares-story-of-survival

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...issing-92-Year-Old-Hunter-465174913.html

© 24hourcampfire