Home
Posted By: Ruger270man Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
Been a while, will there be a dink a thon this season?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
Why? Have you got one tied to a tree?
Posted By: 1minute Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
Too early as antlers are still growing.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
If they're growing to where you can see them...its too big to shoot....
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
I need a little clarification.

How many points do I get if I have one tied to a tree?

How many points for no nubbin bumps?

How many points for still having spots?

Bonus if it's twins?
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18

Who won last year???
Posted By: kingston Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/30/18
Ingwe, per usual.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18
Poobs-count me in as usual. Have we established a minimum bribe yet? I was thinking three cases of really cheap beer and a barrel of muscatel for starters.
Posted By: jwall Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18
Y'all have fun.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Who won last year???

You did butt hole....
Originally Posted by kingston
Ingwe, per usual.

Brian...I have never won...not even the year I entered a B&C gross 9 and 7/8 net 8.0
and this year is gonna suck cause this is the only deer Ive shot...but I should get honorable mention cause it still has its spots...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18

I don’t remember getting the trophy in the mail...
Posted By: kingston Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18
I have this image of you and a pile of the finest bribes the Campfire can muster. That makes you a winner in my eye!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 08/31/18
I'll increase my proposed bribe by adding a can of Spam and a butt out tool.

I don’t remember getting the trophy in the mail...

Thats cause you're getting old, like me.

I sent it to you....I think.....
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/07/18
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'll increase my proposed bribe by adding a can of Spam and a butt out tool.

The butt out tool actually works pretty slick most of the time. Mine's been inside more (deer) butts than Anderson Cooper.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/07/18
I have this image of you and a pile of the finest bribes the Campfire can muster. That makes you a winner in my eye!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/07/18
Bow season opens today here. Unfortunately it's 90*. I won't be hitting the woods for a couple more weeks. I'll start posting them once the games begin. I'm always good for a dink or two. It's a tough competition though, very hard to win.
Posted By: edk Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/07/18
They gotta be small to make Pope and Gerber. They should be able to run under a table without bumping his or her head. Ed k
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/08/18
Originally Posted by edk
They gotta be small to make Pope and Gerber. They should be able to run under a table without bumping his or her head. Ed k

Hell, I do that every weekend after a case of beer!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/09/18
Okay Poobs. I can see the bribes will need to be taken to a new level this year. How bout if I throw in a half dozen Hi Point carbines, and a case of Vienna Sausage? Maybe a case of potted meat product..............
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/09/18
Boy I saw a candidate yesterday on Fort McClellan. Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high. Never seen such a small bodied young buck with that tall of horns.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/09/18
Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high.

Antlers are too large, definitely not "Pope and Gerber". Right weight, though.

This is what you need for *antlers*. And......a *junk shot*.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/09/18
Methinks perhaps it should be "Pope and Goober".

Also, since when are illegal alien deer eligible? I should run over to the Eastern Shore and look for some Sika dinks. You can hang them on a stringer like bluegills.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/10/18
Run your proposal by the Poobs with an appropriate "Filing Fee" and he will make the changes you request.

Roger the Sika dinks, I've hunted them, and a 40-lber (dressed) is a rather large one. They sure are good eating, too.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/10/18
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Boy I saw a candidate yesterday on Fort McClellan. Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high. Never seen such a small bodied young buck with that tall of horns.
That's a Booner compared to what will win this.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/10/18
I still think body size to antler size ratio makes it a candidate. I’ve seen 110lb 1yr old bucks that didn’t have that much horn
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/10/18
I still think body size to antler size ratio makes it a candidate. I’ve seen 110lb 1yr old bucks that didn’t have that much horn

Put your bribe where your mouth is! Poobs can be bought, and you'd better pony up, and pony up fast! MIght I suggest several cases of beer, an equal amount of booze, and a gift certificate to the Chicken Ranch. Hell, get him the 10 visit punch card.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/10/18
MIght I suggest several cases of beer, an equal amount of booze, and a gift certificate to the Chicken Ranch. Hell, get him the 10 visit punch card.

Now that right there is a "filing fee". A good one.
Posted By: shaman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/13/18
Great Poobah!

Another deer season is nearly on us, and I'm beginning to despair already.

Our camp has had miserable luck in being able to harvest a suitable dink. To date, this has been our one entry:

[Linked Image]

As you can see, it had way too much antler. However, these are the smallest antlers we've been able to harvest in over a decade. This is from 2014, and if you remember you gave me an honorable mention for my hat. I had to rescue that rack from the processor's garbage, BTW. He'd thrown it out thinking it was too big to save.

A big part of the problem is that Kentucky currently allows the harvest of only 1 antlered deer per hunter per season. Somehow this has suppressed the genetic traits of proper dinkiness. All we seem to have anymore are these grossly oversized racks. It seems like they are either buttons or hatracks with nothing much in between.

Are there any tips you can give for promoting the proper amount of stuntedness?

Should I be tearing up my food plots?

Should I be adding something to my mineral licks?

Should I encourage young bucks to take up smoking and the consumption of coffee?
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/13/18
As you can see, it had way too much antler. However, these are the smallest antlers we've been able to harvest in over a decade.

Braggert.....

(grin)
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/13/18
Originally Posted by shaman
Great Poobah!

Are there any tips you can give for promoting the proper amount of stuntedness?

Should I be tearing up my food plots?

Should I be adding something to my mineral licks?

Should I encourage young bucks to take up smoking and the consumption of coffee?

I appreciate your apparent dedication to winning this...but you've really got to step down your game. That pic you posted is a MONSTER.....

You just aren't trying hard enough...admitting it to yourself is the first step....
Posted By: shaman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/14/18
That's exactly why I'm coming to you, Great Poobah.

What do I do? I feel helpless. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels out there in the blind.

I'm encouraged by your words. At least you seem to think my problem is under my control. However, I'm deuced if I can figure out what a good next step will be.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/14/18
With a Dremel and some Becky Creek, those monster antlers could become a prize winner.

Bear in mind the Becky Creek is...ah....well......not for personal use whilst dremeling the antlers.
Just to show you what I'm dealing with, here is a pic from just a few hours ago at camp.

This monster was up in the yard, nibbling the flower bed less than 10 yards from the back door
deer at the back door

Notice the body size and the visible forks, and he's still just a baby. How can I compete with y'all with poor genetics like that?

Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/14/18
Shaman, that's way too big. That monster has got to be a B&C 25".
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/14/18
That's exactly why I'm coming to you, Great Poobah.

What do I do? I feel helpless. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels out there in the blind.

I'm encouraged by your words. At least you seem to think my problem is under my control. However, I'm deuced if I can figure out what a good next step will be.

Shaman, this is definitely a sticky wicket you've gotten your self into for this year's Dinkathon. I feel your pain. Might I suggest first starting with the bribeage, and then worrying about the actual deer? Poobs will definite show respect for your entry equal to the quality of your prepaid bribes. Might I suggest some government cheese blocks, 50 lbs. of head cheese, 10 cases of Mad Dog 20/20 and several cases of very cheap toilet paper? That will get his attention..........
Yes, but I need an entry. If I show up with something like this:

[Linked Image]

I doubt any amount of bribery will help.

That's the one, BTW, that I nailed at 20 yards last fall. He was following a doe that came up and stuck her head in the blind. She's learned how to keep those pesky bucks off her.

Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 09/14/18
Yeah, Shaman, I don't think you'd stand much of a chance with that guy. If you could figure out a way to cut the whole rack off and grind both branches down to nubs you might stand a chance, but you're gonna have a real hard time making him pass for a 45 pounder.........
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Killed my first ever entry to the fabled Dink-a-thon this afternoon...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Springcove Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Did you wipe the milk off his lips?... 😉
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Excellent!

Classy rifle, junk shot, and fairly competitive rack, though rack bordering on the large side.

Grinder and a little talent could've made those antlers Pope and Gerber class. A little milk around the mouth is helpful.

Congratulations.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
I see Springcove noticed the same thing I did.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

[Linked Image]

First off, congrats! You're in the lead...for now!

Second...is that Ruger #1 a .30-30 ?

Cause a #1 is worth style points, and so is a .30-30..

( Hint: a Bottle of Blantons is worth a schittload of style points...)
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Nah, it's a 6.5 Swede-moor...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/05/18
Nah, it's a 6.5 Swede-moor...

a 6.5 Sweed-moor?

A classic cartridge in Stainless steel?

Points deducted....

Unless of course you can put me on one of those Panda Squirrels... whistle
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/06/18
Man, I wish I still had that property with the Panda Squirrels. I lost that lease about 5 years ago. The deer hunting was just ok but it had more fox squirrels in more color phases than anywhere I've ever hunted. The one that haunts me was a pure black one with a snow white head. Not just the typical white mask, he looked like he stuck his whole head in a bucket of white paint. He just sat there and mocked me for 15 min, while I sat there wishing the .358 across my lap was a .22....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/06/18
Man, I wish I still had that property with the Panda Squirrels. I lost that lease about 5 years ago. The deer hunting was just ok but it had more fox squirrels in more color phases than anywhere I've ever hunted. The one that haunts me was a pure black one with a snow white head. Not just the typical white mask, he looked like he stuck his whole head in a bucket of white paint. He just sat there and mocked me for 15 min, while I sat there wishing the .358 across my lap was a .22....

DUDE! cry
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/06/18
I hope to lose again this year.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/06/18
Way to much antler on that one. It will need a huge bribe.
Posted By: tzone Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/08/18
If he stays in velvet, it may be in the running
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tzone Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/08/18

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mega bonus for that bad ass rifle
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
I saw a nice dink this evening. Almost pulled the trigger but I would have felt bad that mom would have to watch him die. Doe season is open though....if they would have stopped trotting away I might have drilled him.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
You people need to step down your game! All these pics of spikes...get SERIOUS!

These deer dont even have spots!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
That little spiker's a Booner compared to what it will take to win this fabled contest. I almost nailed a late fawn in spots yesterday with the truck, but it made it out the other side of the ditch before I could get to it!
Posted By: tzone Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
Originally Posted by ingwe
You people need to step down your game! All these pics of spikes...get SERIOUS!

These deer dont even have spots!

Funny you say that...I have pics of one that does!
OK...heres the guideline to go by...Antlers so small they aren't visible...and spots....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
Ain't no junk in that pic.......

I say that cause I came in 2nd place to a set of nutz.
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a frying pan buck what did you use oh grand poohbaa
Posted By: Heeler Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18
OK...heres the guideline to go by...Antlers so small they aren't visible...and spots....

[Linked Image]

Looks like it's more fallow than whitetail.
Originally Posted by Heeler

[Linked Image]

This contest is not 'species specific'...

and I'm "The Judge"....

My actions cannot be questioned.....
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/09/18

[Linked Image]

He is "allowed" to "cheat", get with the program smile
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/10/18
Spots, eehhhh?

I just won't paint the whole thing.....

[Linked Image]

Now, to find a set of Cape Buffalo nutz.....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/10/18
Originally Posted by FishinHank

[Linked Image]

He is "allowed" to "cheat", get with the program smile

Photoshopping is NOT cheating......its 'creative'....
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/13/18
These PA antler regulations really put a damper on my chances. The rest of my hunting is in the great big buck state of Ohio. I've gotta work hard to have a chance at winning.

-Jake
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/13/18
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
These PA antler regulations really put a damper on my chances. The rest of my hunting is in the great big buck state of Ohio. I've gotta work hard to have a chance at winning.

-Jake

In my state, if you shoot one with nubs, it's considered "antlerless" and counts toward your doe count. If it has horns bigger than that and you didn't see them when you shot it, you need to keep a 22 oz. Eastwing in your truck to fix that.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/13/18
No Juck picture and you are disqualified
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/13/18
Less than 3" = antlerless here.

-Jake
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
Just a fair warning that the Minnesota deer season is rapidly approaching, and my area is "hunter's choice" so any deer is legal. My bribery is all set. I figure several cases of Mad Dog, some really cheap beer, a humidor full of stogies, and a Butt-Out tool combined with a itty bitty yearling ought to seal the deal........
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
And the new world champion is crowned.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
If you can't carry it with one hand to the truck, it's too big...
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
My son shot this on Saturday. I gave him crap for it and told him he shot someone's dog. He didn't take a close up of the nubs or the junk, but if you look real hard you can see them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
Yep that ones still wet behind the ears. Hell, the bow is longer than that deer is
Posted By: ringworm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/15/18
It's fixed anyway.
Couple years back I killed a 70 pound buck with less than 1/2 horn, from the bedroom window, while my wife was reading the paper and drinking coffee in bed, in my underwear, with a front headshot and an AMAX.
Clear winner with add on points.
Didn't even rate honorable mention.
Suckers.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/16/18
I've got a reeeeeaaaaal contender on the ground in PA muzzleloader. May not even need any bribes to win with this one....

-Jake
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
Well here's the beast. I watched him come up through the woods. Told the wife to get turned towards the right of way he was coming to. When he stepped out she shot and missed, but said "it's still there looking at us!" So I leaned backward, layed down, shot it ghetto style with my gun turned sideways. Off my collar bone. Couldn't even see the whole scope. When the smoke cleared it was laying there flopping. 71 yards. Dressed out at 48lbs.

[Linked Image]

As I was dragging the monster back to the truck, I heard the wife shoot again and she messaged saying she had one down. Nice 80lbs doe that she shot.

[Linked Image]

-Jake
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
Junk picture fellas or you are DQ'ed
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
that has got to be in the winner's circle, plus some good eating
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
sorry oh grand pooba for over stepping my bounds
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Yea, I just told him that. He said that by the time he got my text to tell him to get junk pictures, he had already gutted it and drug it out.
Posted By: JDK Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
I look forward to this thread every year. Sadly, with no any-deer permit and antler size restrictions, I wouldn't be able to participate.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/17/18
Shrapnel won last year without pic's of the junk. He did though offer his GTO & Harley to Pooh-Bah for a couple of weekends. The bribe doesn't have to be whiskey.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/18/18
[Linked Image]

Just look at that beast!

-Jake
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/18/18
It ate good too

[Linked Image]

-Jake
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/23/18
I guess everyone's given up.

Not surprising due to the quality of my entry.

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/23/18
[Linked Image]

Just look at that beast!

-Jake

Uh-oh...looks like we have a REAL contender!

Dan..you know that I'm the Judge and I make the rules around here...

Junk pics may be waived if the bourbon is old...and plenty... laugh
I shot this one last week...funniest looking....and smallest deer Ive ever seen. Dressed out about 9 lbs and the horns are so small they didnt show up in the pic.

I bought myself some Blantons, but I drank it all already, so the contest is still open! whistle

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skeen Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/23/18
[Linked Image]

Just look at that beast!

-Jake

Yeah, definitely has to be in the running. whistle
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/23/18
[Linked Image]
-Jake

Mr BoJangles,

Don't get over confident !

This milk fed vealer, didn't win one year !!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just saying !
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/23/18
Probably cause you didn't use a 99 to shoot it!

-Jake
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/24/18
Or Vic shot a white goat !
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/24/18
Ya gonna reveal my strategy........
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
Need a ruling. Whacked one this morning with my crossbow. It was a doe, but she was acting very "butch". Can I enter her under Title IX before Trump changes the Obama gender-bender regs? Her imaginary antlers should put her solidly in the running.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Need a ruling. Whacked one this morning with my crossbow. It was a doe, but she was acting very "butch". Can I enter her under Title IX before Trump changes the Obama gender-bender regs? Her imaginary antlers should put her solidly in the running.

Three questions:

1. Was she wearing flannel or Birkenstocks?

2. Was she driving a Subaru Outback?

3. How is the availability of Blantons in your area?

hint....
...and the first two don't count
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
Ingwe, us crazy Minnesotan's hit the woods next week. My area's buck or doe, and I won't hesitate to WIN this if the right little bambi comes my way. Incidently, did you get that truckload of Natty Light and the 50 gallon drum of Mad Dog I sent your way for "considerations?"
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
...and the first two don't count

Someone's jealous

-Jake
I am. You appear to be in the catbird seat, pending the receipt of the Blanton's by the committee.

BTW, your hunting buddy is way too pretty for a guy who'd wear a hat like that. Bet she didn't know about it when you married her.
Posted By: tzone Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18

This is on Dan's profile on Tinder.
Posted By: tzone Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
Originally Posted by skeen
[Linked Image]

Just look at that beast!

-Jake

In the running? I'm not sure how it could possibly be beat.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
I am. You appear to be in the catbird seat, pending the receipt of the Blanton's by the committee.

BTW, your hunting buddy is way too pretty for a guy who'd wear a hat like that. Bet she didn't know about it when you married her.

That buck on the front of my hat reminds not to shoot anything that looks like that. Just in case I forget.

-Jake
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
Originally Posted by tzone
[Linked Image]

Just look at that beast!

-Jake

In the running? I'm not sure how it could possibly be beat.

Psssst.........Blanton's........
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/26/18
I shot a deer this morning....pics will be coming in the near future...

You boys better step up your game....

[Linked Image]

OK...its a doe. I cant bribe myself...so the contest is still open...
Nice work. Think you have a shot at the trophy for hairiest ears, anyway. Doubt she even heard the shot with all that fuzz.
Posted By: RNF Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/28/18
Another contender, from primitive firearm this morning. Also seen a large doe and a forked horn buck.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/28/18
Oh, we're stacking them up this year! Mighty fine job!

-Jake
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/28/18
Man. I'm sitting here waiting on the season, and you guys are just nailing the contenders.

I bet there's 30 lbs of dead deer, already.....(grin)
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/29/18
I had to buy muzzleloaders to get in on the early season action. They were all too big by December, needed to get them in October.

-Jake
Posted By: RNF Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/29/18

I had to buy muzzleloaders to get in on the early season action. They were all too big by December, needed to get them in October.

-Jake

Hard to beat muzzleloader season if the Mosquitoes will let you in the woods. They aren't too bad this year.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/29/18
The stuff you guys will do to win.....

I'd give you more grief, but I have to go check the fawns I have tied up....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/29/18
Originally Posted by RNF
Another contender, from primitive firearm this morning. Also seen a large doe and a forked horn buck.

[Linked Image]

Thats pretty good...

Not good enough...but pretty good...
Posted By: jwall Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/29/18
I think you guys will get a kick outta this.

I talked to a friend and his wife who hunt deer and hogs mostly.
Per deer he said. “I don’t shoot anything I can’t pick up with ONE hand” !
He was serious.

Jerry
Posted By: RNF Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18

Thats pretty good...

[/quote]

I tried my best.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18
Originally Posted by RNF

Thats pretty good...

I tried my best. [/quote]

Well, those are pretty big nubbins on that buck, and the bribe is pretty non-existent...thus far...
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18
Originally Posted by jwall

He was serious.

Jerry

A wise man.

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18
Originally Posted by jwall

He was serious.

Jerry

A wise man.

-Jake

Precisely what my 72 year old hunting buddy says.

We used to call them "suitcase deer"....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18
Originally Posted by RNF

Thats pretty good...

I tried my best.

Well, those are pretty big nubbins on that buck, and the bribe is pretty non-existent...thus far...[/quote]

I dunno; those "antlers" kinda look like hair gel. A feller can't be too careful these days, especially with no bribe in play as yet.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 10/30/18
I've got this dink slaying thing down. But my bribe game really needs some work.

-Jake
Posted By: catnthehat Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/12/18
Crap I'm stuck with another Northern Alberta dink- no way I can compete with you southern boys!
Do I at least get points for using the .303?
Cat
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/13/18
I had the perfect Dink in my sights, but then suddenly my trigger finger slipped, so this is all I have so far. Maybe he'll be in the running for the biggest loser.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18

WTF????

You people just aren't trying hard enough this year!

Get out there and hunt!
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Crap I'm stuck with another Northern Alberta dink- no way I can compete with you southern boys!
Cat
[Linked Image]

All things are relative, and that IS a tiny deer for Alberta...

Plus- you DO get style points for the .303...
Posted By: skeen Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
I have a contender! And, my first AR kill. Bonus for the heart shot?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
Cat
[Linked Image]

He should aslo get BIG style points for the red/black checker Woolrich. That's deer hunting!!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
Also the hat and that soup-stainer on his upper lip. Well-played!
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
skeen, that thing is HUGE! Particulars on the AR. I'm gonna sport a .458 SOCOM this year.

If'n I were the judge, I'd give bonus points for supporting ARs....just because....

I start vacation Monday....two weeks....Muzzleloader season is for our group is the time to get the big-uns. Rifle season, especially first week, is when I concentrate my efforts towards the world-famous contest started by that guy out in the mid west....

Besides, my freezer is down to just a roast and a few steaks.
I have a contender! And, my first AR kill. Bonus for the heart shot?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Way too big. you must be kidding...
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Rifle season, especially first week, is when I concentrate my efforts towards the world-famous contest started by that guy out in the mid west....

What contest and what guy is that?
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Cat
[Linked Image]

He should aslo get BIG style points for the red/black checker Woolrich. That's deer hunting!!

And then some more style points for the hat.

Rifle season, especially first week, is when I concentrate my efforts towards the world-famous contest started by that guy out in the mid west....

Some Thong-wearing guy in Montucky that advocates shooting juvenile deer.

Some Thong-wearing guy in Montucky that advocates shooting juvenile deer.

1. The Contest is indeed World Famous

2. Its too cold to wear a thong in Montana...thats all an Urban Myth.

3. Montucky is NOT midwest. Denver is Midwest. States that call themselves Midwest are delusional...they're all back east...
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
[Linked Image]

A bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 is on the way.

Where's my prize?
Style points for the 99...you know that.
Points deducted for every point on that massive rack....
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/17/18
No love for the Mad Dog 20/20?

I spent $5 on it...frown

What about the bubba buddy?
Montucky is NOT midwest. Denver is Midwest. States that call themselves Midwest are delusional...they're all back east...

I sit here corrected, I wasn't sure of the placing.

Its too cold to wear a thong in Montana...thats all an Urban Myth.

Yea, right.....next thing you're going to try to tell me is that the Great Pumpkin doesn't exist.........
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/18/18
Originally Posted by T_Inman
No love for the Mad Dog 20/20?

I spent $5 on it...frown

What about the bubba buddy?

Nope..Blantons...you know that...

And points are deducted for the Bubba Buddy.....( I saw one on your 99...heresy...)
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/19/18
Now that the VA ML season is over and I am off the next two weeks, I shall devote my efforts to at least placing in the Dink-a-Thon.

I hope to post a picture tomorrow of a nub-antlered 40 lber that's hung like a mule.

I even dreamed about it last night. I took a shot at a dink, and the objective lense came out of my NXS 2.5-10......I woke up wanting to go to WalMart for a 49 dollar blisterpack Bushnell............

Now, there is something bad wrong with that dream.

Blisterpack Bushnells are more than 49 dollars....I'm depressed....
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18

Yikes, another year and another dink-a-thon winner...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
That's a contender if I've ever seen one

Great photo quality as well

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
Shrap: damn you anyway!

That IS a contender!

Nice way to display the photo evidence too. Its nice to see someone who takes this competition seriously...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
Even the junk is dinky! Extra points.

Hang it up boys, I think we're done.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
Even the junk is dinky! Extra points.

Hang it up boys, I think we're done.

No way man, gun season starts on Saturday here. If it's brown, it's down. Some little SOB is gonna catch me in the wrong mood and his ass is going down.
Posted By: shaman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
Oh Great Poobah! I'm sorry to report that I have failed again this year to provide a fitting entry in your august Dinkathon.

There was a moment, about midway through last week when I spied a possible applicant. I'd put my rifle up to check out a doe and found that there was a good six inches of spike and a tiny fork. This deer couldn't have been more than 70 lbs, but this was way over what I thought was a reasonable entry. I'd have had to take out a second mortgage for the bribe.

I'm still hunting, but I've burned my one KY buck tag on a 6-pointer. I won't bother posting a pic, because I know you feel such outlandish displays are garish.

Anyhow, I wish everyone a good season. Perhaps I'll do better next year.
Posted By: catnthehat Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/20/18
Also the hat and that soup-stainer on his upper lip. Well-played!

I can't help it, I'm a vintage kinda guy, it's how I roll! :>)
Cat
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
Jim, quit bragging.....(grin)

How about a contribution to the Dink-a-Thon in a supporting role.

I passed on a spike that was obviously too big, but these will get no such courtesy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
[Linked Image]

Is the shadow in the background from you......
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
From Sunday, 250 Savage 117gr Hornady Roundnose. First deer I haven't had run in 5 years.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skeen Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
Now that's a cool pic!

Originally Posted by Steelhead
From Sunday, 250 Savage 117gr Hornady Roundnose. First deer I haven't had run in 5 years.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
The 250-3000 will knock the snot out of them.

I'm not giving up either. I've got gun seasons in through the end of January in a couple different states that I'll be hunting.

I'm working on a plan that just may win this!

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/21/18
Oh Great Poobah! I'm sorry to report that I have failed again this year to provide a fitting entry in your august Dinkathon.

There was a moment, about midway through last week when I spied a possible applicant. I'd put my rifle up to check out a doe and found that there was a good six inches of spike and a tiny fork. This deer couldn't have been more than 70 lbs, but this was way over what I thought was a reasonable entry. I'd have had to take out a second mortgage for the bribe.

I'm still hunting, but I've burned my one KY buck tag on a 6-pointer. I won't bother posting a pic, because I know you feel such outlandish displays are garish.

OK...at least you "get" me..
Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Nice Freezer Pleaser Scott!

Style points for the cartridge and the round nose and the Mannlicher...

But the rack on that thing is just too massive....

I'm not giving up either. I've got gun seasons in through the end of January in a couple different states that I'll be hunting.

I'm working on a plan that just may win this!

-Jake

I'm glad to see at least somebody takes this competition seriously. Kudos.

But the Judge is thirsty.........hint.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
[Linked Image]

-Jake
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
hahhhh! Beginner's enthusiasm......(grin)
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
[Linked Image]

-Jake

The Judge is NOT thirsty for Kool-Aid....

hint.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
Grandson took his first this morning. The despondent look on his face is because he knows there's no way he win the competition with that massive rack, but he perked up when I explained that at 9, he can't purchase the required bribe anyway. His chance will come.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13300564/deer-3[/img]

Does this image-posting business ever work the same way twice?
Posted By: skeen Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
Grandson took his first this morning. The despondent look on his face is because he knows there's no way he win the competition with that massive rack, but he perked up when I explained that at 9, he can't purchase the required bribe anyway. His chance will come.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13300564/deer-3[/img]

Perfect 1st deer!
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
Yep, he'll always remember that one. Good job to pappy and the boy

-Jake
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
Pappy just assembled the little rifle he used. Dad taught him to shoot and sat with him in the cold.

Oh, I also lent him the Mickey Mouse boots he wore, purchased years ago for his uncle. Dad said that without those clunkers, they might not have stayed long enough to see anything.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18

[Linked Image]

AWESOME !!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/23/18
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

[Linked Image]

AWESOME !!

You know...kids get style points....

First deer get style points...

And grandpa is old enough to buy Blantons........

I'm just sayin'.......
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/24/18
And grandpa is old enough to buy Blantons........

Ahhhh, the old Straw purchase trick......'cept I doubt a straw will get involved with Blanton's...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/24/18
Thanks a bunch for fixing that.
Pappy, I should have added a "Congratulations" for the young man, and a "Thanks" to you for participating in helping him become a part of one of the most competitive contests around.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/24/18
I shot a deer this morning....pics will be coming in the near future...

You boys better step up your game....

[Linked Image]

You guys DO realize that I shot a doe on my tag, just to give you more of a chance...right?
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/24/18
[Linked Image]

-Jake

The Judge is NOT thirsty for Kool-Aid....

hint.

Tip: Try Bourbon Aid if you wish to win favor with the Judge.
Going back at it again tomorrow and as many days this week as I can.

With the local movement of deer by my traditional stands being what it is (NO dink candidates), I may have to stillhunt 10 blocks down the road to the local ABC store to check out the stock of Blanton's to bolster my chances.

I guess I need council with Your Honor, the Venerable Poobs, on an appropriate amount of bribe for a deer such as pictured below...

Please consider the above picture and answer as soon as is convenient.....
Pappy, I should have added a "Congratulations" for the young man, and a "Thanks" to you for participating in helping him become a part of one of the most competitive contests around.

Thanks, Vic.

I should also add that I coached him on how to grasp the rack so as to conceal its true massiveness.

Extra points for guile.
Albino buck in a blizzard? Devilishly clever.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/24/18
Albino buck in a blizzard? Devilishly clever.

True dat.

But Vic has already played the "Albino" card...

Hence to answer his question...its gonna take a schittload of Blantons....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/25/18
A pic of my dink entry.....

[Linked Image]

What do I win?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/25/18
I dunno. Which turkey in that pic is the entry?😜

Good to see you out there getting it done.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/25/18
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

[Linked Image]

What do I win?

There are no obvious antlers on that...just some little nubbins...

That might be a contender! laugh

Also it has the advantage of you being able to carry it with one hand, so its the right size.

But no junk pics...and it is about the fugliest deer Ive ever seen.....
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/25/18
Y'all are in trouble now. I got this one patterned and lined up for Saturday.

[Linked Image]

-Jake
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/26/18
I dunno. Which turkey in that pic is the entry?😜

Good to see you out there getting it done.

Thanks and the turkey is the one with the feathers. wink
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/26/18

[Linked Image]

What do I win?

There are no obvious antlers on that...just some little nubbins...

That might be a contender! laugh

Also it has the advantage of you being able to carry it with one hand, so its the right size.

But no junk pics...and it is about the fugliest deer Ive ever seen.....

No junk pic because it would embarrass some on here.

As far as it being the ugliest deer you've ever seen...... that was mean.

Show some compassion to those whom are not as pretty as you. wink
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/26/18
Thanks a bunch for fixing that.

All good Buddy !

smile
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/26/18
I have not shot a dink yet but I predict I'm the winner

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/27/18
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
If you can't carry it with one hand to the truck, it's too big...

I had an aunt that wouldn't eat any deer, unless my uncle could it home in his hunting coat. If the whole deer wouldn't fit in the game bag portion of the coat, it was too big.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/27/18
Blanton's on your shelf won't help.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/27/18

For the judge only:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/27/18

For the judge only:

[Linked Image]

You can't bribe me with that. I know exactly where it is. Its right next to my favorite trout stream....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/27/18
I have not shot a dink yet but I predict I'm the winner

[Linked Image]

OK...this is getting serious.....
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/29/18
Lets formalize this Mofo
Dinkiest of dinks(gun is longer than deer) ...check
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check
Bride to the Poobah ....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/29/18
Things just heated up......

Now the goal is not to shoot a smaller deer, it will be hard to do that.

I DO have shorter rifle, though........

Congrats!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/29/18
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rest of you boys better bring your "A" game.

Dan has won this contest before...he knows what he's doing.

Plus, he's Sicilian and has made me " an offer I can't refuse..."

I'm just sayin'.....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/29/18
Dvdegeorge,did it spit out the milk bottle when you shot it? grin

That was mean, Mr. Bunny Killer.

For the judge only:

[Linked Image]

OK, not meaning to besmirch Shraps good name around here, but I actually took the time to follow his map...and there were no prairie dogs there.

What gives?
Posted By: roof Re: Dink-a-thon? - 11/29/18
[Linked Image]
Here is my entry, but I don’t think it’s going to be Dan.
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image]
Here is my entry, but I don’t think it’s going to be Dan.

Roof..ordinarily that would be a serious contender, but Dan lowered the bar....
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
With my bribe I could win with the buck I killed yesterday

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
True.

Dan knows how to get things done....
Posted By: Azar Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check
Bride to the Poobah ....check <---- sick

The rest of you boys better bring your "A" game.

Dan has won this contest before...he knows what he's doing.

Plus, he's Sicilian and has made me " an offer I can't refuse..."

I'm just sayin'.....

Yes, but what kind of offer did Dan exactly make? Bride to the Poobah? I think the cost of winning this contest has gotten too high...
Posted By: roof Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
OK, let’s try this again.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
I don't know, Roof's dink might be dinkier. That's a close call. Unfortunately, Dan's bribe might be bigger.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/01/18
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I don't know, Roof's dink might be dinkier. That's a close call. Unfortunately, Dan's bribe might be bigger.

Answer your PM are you attending the hog hunt?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
OK, let’s try this again.

Roof...thats pretty impressive, for you and Dan we might have to institute a new system...

Dinks OAL has to be shorter than your rifle...

Then we will go into a carbine category...
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18
Ok y'all.

This one has some significant horn.... But I'm hoping the junk picture adds some bonus points..... And if I could figure out this bribe thing I'd be right in the running.....

Here he be.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jake
The bribe thing is easy.

Blantons to the Judge.

Or X2 on the quantity of Rebecca Creek, Knob Creek, X3 Buffalo Trace.

Simple.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18

For the judge only:

[Linked Image]

OK, not meaning to besmirch Shraps good name around here, but I actually took the time to follow his map...and there were no prairie dogs there.

What gives?

Is this what Bob's house looks like?

[Linked Image]

Is this what Bob's house looks like?

[Linked Image]

Yeah...thats the place all right....
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18

Just what I figured. That isn’t Bob’s house. You must have lost your super secret decoder ring in that drunken brawl on the reservation. If you need another super secret decoder ring, let me know and I can get it for you. Then we can meet and shoot prairie dogs before we go to your creek where those salmon (code for brook trout) live and go fishing...

Just what I figured. That isn’t Bob’s house. You must have lost your super secret decoder ring in that drunken brawl on the reservation. .

Dammit! Those gut strippers were sworn to secrecy about that brawl!

You cant trust them wagon burners with anything...
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18

I knew that punt gun would be handy someday
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18

Use a handgun. wink
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/02/18

That was mean, Mr. Bunny Killer.

But thems rabbits were adults. wink
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18

Use a handgun. wink

Instead of finding a smaller deer, just use a longer rifle......Put the deer way back in the picture, too.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18
Yeah,you could do that. grin

Do you think Ingwe would notice?
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18
Well I didn't plan on entering the dink a thon this year, last week of the season with a empty freezer I shot this one in a heavy fog that was all but impossible to judge the size. After I shot this one another deer walked past and I shot a much larger doe presumably it's mother. I debated shaving its head to get a better picture of the nubs.[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18
Pooh-bah, no entry for me this year. I killed a monster much to big to even have a chance. He was an Ohio 5 point. I'm glad I'm not the judge-----they're are some serious contenders this year.

I'm going to stick with piglets. smile Bob
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Well I didn't plan on entering the dink a thon this year, last week of the season with a empty freezer I shot this one in a heavy fog that was all but impossible to judge the size. After I shot this one another deer walked past and I shot a much larger doe presumably it's mother. I debated shaving its head to get a better picture of the nubs.[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Excellent! But no junk pic?
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18
I missed the d!ck pic requirement, will do when I get home

Let's say......Blanton's has a way....
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I missed the d!ck pic requirement, will do when I get home

Remember.............The deer's.........
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/03/18

wink
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/04/18

Exactamundo...
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/07/18
[Linked Image] Sorry for the late D pick, here's some cotton balls
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/30/18

What a whopper of absolute nothingness...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and don't forget the Motosport...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/30/18
Who made that knife?

Who made that knife?

Dave Kauffman... https://www.kauffmanknivesandoptics.com/knives

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/30/18
Looks like shrapnel has got this one wrapped up, for smallest dink, extra points for the knife and motorcycle.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/30/18
What about the all-important bribe?

Alcoholics don’t understand the value of a 1972 Honda 350 Motosport...
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18
I'm gonna have to keep my buddy Hoss away from this site. He might clean up on you poor unsuspecting gentlemen.

Of course, he is weak in the bribe side (insists on drinking that Crown Royal swill).

KC
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18
1st year in a long time that what I killed was too big.

We did shoot a record number of coyote, and had more bear sightings than in the last 4 years combined. The 4 of us that hunt together have thought hard about bear tags next year, that'll get rid of them without firing a shot. I saw 3, could've shot 2.

My whitetail season is over, so I'll say "congrats" to the best Briber.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18
Who won?
I don't think it's over yet.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18

A dangerous precedent. Could destroy a long-standing tradition.

I might have a picture of an 850 Norton around here somewhere......
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18

A dangerous precedent. Could destroy a long-standing tradition.

I might have a picture of an 850 Norton around here somewhere......

The "briber" needs to know the "bribee" and promoting Bourbon and Whiskey got the American Indian where he is today. Think of how much trouble we would be in now if we had given the Indians motorcycles instead of booze...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18
What if the contestant photoshpped an image of a certain Montana geezer wearing a leopard-skin thong onto the afore-mentioned Norton?

On second thought, nevermind....

Congratulations!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would really hate it if Shrapnel won two years in a row but the SL 350 is better than Blantons...

And he DID fulfill all other requirements.

However, in the interest of fair play, many states have seasons still open...this contest will run till Jan. 31 2019...or until I take delivery of a certain Honda SL350.....
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would really hate it if Shrapnel won two years in a row but the SL 350 is better than Blantons...

However, in the interest of fair play, many states have seasons still open...this contest will run till Jan. 31 2019...or until I take delivery of a certain Honda SL350.....

We can’t forget that a gallon of gas in a 350 Motosport will get you farther than a gallon of Blantons...
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 12/31/18
[[Linked Image]

I never thought of taking a close up of this Dink's head. Basically I didn't even realize this deer was a Dink until I field dressed him.

60 yd shot with a 450 Bushmaster. The little fella ran 100yds with an exit hole the size of my fist right behind his heart.

Dan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd drop a hint about that knife, too....or is that...to. Wear do I look to find out if that's wright..
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/01/19
I got a few late season tags running until January 26th I believe.

Still in the game

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/01/19

We can’t forget that a gallon of gas in a 350 Motosport will get you farther than a gallon of Blantons...

You make a compelling argument....
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/01/19

You headed to JB’s tomorrow

You headed to JB’s tomorrow

You gonna bring the bike?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/01/19
I am sure he'll bring some H335 to prove to all of us how wrong we are.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I am sure he'll bring some H335 to prove to all of us how wrong we are.

It will be good for fertilizing your garden...can't think of anything else I'd use it for...
Posted By: 1minute Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/01/19
Cookie did not bring it to ground, but I thought this black tail might have been an early competitor. Not a chance though as its magnificent rack is actually visible above the hairline.
[Linked Image]

Have a good one,
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/02/19
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cookie did not bring it got ground, but I thought this black tail might be an early competitor. Not a chance though as its magnificent rack is actually visible above the hairline.
[Linked Image]

Have a good one,

That massive rack is way outta place in this thread.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/04/19

The "briber" needs to know the "bribee" and promoting Bourbon and Whiskey got the American Indian where he is today. Think of how much trouble we would be in now if we had given the Indians motorcycles instead of booze...

good info.
I did not know Ingwe was an American Indian.
Now I know why they sat us in back at Chubby's.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/04/19
Originally Posted by wageslave

good info.
I did not know Ingwe was an American Indian.
Now I know why they sat us in back at Chubby's.

I prefer to be called " Native American" since I was born here..Indian is offensive....

Not only that but I found out why I like shiny things...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wageslave Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/04/19

I prefer to be called " Native American" since I was born here..Indian is offensive....

Not only that but I found out why I like shiny things...

[Linked Image]

Want me to check in on the family in May?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/04/19
You coming this way in May? You post is vague and ill-worded....
Posted By: wageslave Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/05/19
No.
I head back to your homeland.....
The Dark Continent.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/05/19
Originally Posted by wageslave
No.
I head back to your homeland.....
The Dark Continent.

SWEET!

The Motherland!

Hunting, I presume...
Posted By: wageslave Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/05/19
Si.
Namibia.

Looking around in
Vic falls.
Okavango.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/05/19
You will love Namibia...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19
ttt
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19
My season is over.

The king of dinks evaded me.

Although I gave it a good try.

I'll start patterning nexts years dink around May or early June....

-Jake
I am going to bribe the judge.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19

The judge is waiting...
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19

The judge is waiting...

For a ride on the red Motosport or Triumph...

The judge is waiting...

This fall. I did not go deer hunting last fall.

Plus it gives me time to get the bribing whiskey.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19

The judge is waiting...

This fall. I did not go deer hunting last fall.

Plus it gives me time to get the bribing whiskey.

You better forget the whiskey and scout out a dink first. It isn't easy to get a trophy like this...

[Linked Image]
Shrapnel,that buck would be illegal here in NM. The buck must have a visible fork or better.

This is a legal buck here in NM.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/23/19
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/24/19
Shrap's trophy wouldn't be a "buck" here either, but perfectly legal as an antlerless if you had a tag, junk or no junk. Yours would be a typical public land buck here, other than that little mule deer issue, which might cause a stir.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/24/19
We have until Jan. 31st, so it ain't over until it's over.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/24/19
Shrapnel,that buck would be illegal here in NM. The buck must have a visible fork or better.

[Linked Image]

I would wipe that smile off your face for calling that a legal buck. This is what legal looks like in some parts of Montana...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/24/19

[Linked Image]

There ain't enough whiskey in the world to bring that monster into contention.

I suggest using an antlerless tag on a real trophy

-Jake
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/25/19

[Linked Image]

I would wipe that smile off your face for calling that a legal buck. This is what legal looks like in some parts of Montana...

[Linked Image]

That deer looks likes it's mama or daddy was an Axis deer. Unique buck for sure!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/25/19

[Linked Image]

Shrap over the years Ive heard numerous stories of sightings of mule deer " So big we thought he was an elk"...but you're the first ever to bring one to bag.

Congratulations!

He ain't gonna win no Dinkathon though...but nice to see anyway!
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah...but thats an earlier entry from another season, correct?

Your bribe is still good BTW....
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/25/19
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No silly that was Dec 2018 your mind is getting feeble
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/25/19

[Linked Image]

Shrap over the years Ive heard numerous stories of sightings of mule deer " So big we thought he was an elk"...but you're the first ever to bring one to bag.

Congratulations!

He ain't gonna win no Dinkathon though...but nice to see anyway!

He ain’t no dink, just showin’ off for elkhunternm...
I can see where you might get confused as I always cross all the T’s and dot all I’s along with shooting the dinkiest of dink’s season after season
Lets formalize this Mofo
Lack of horn ....check
Junk picture....check

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No silly that was Dec 2018 your mind is getting feeble

I don't believe you. Extra credibility takes extra whiskey...
There's enough fine whiskey there to make you stumble and fall.....as if you needed any help with that
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/26/19
There's enough fine whiskey there to make you stumble and fall.....as if you needed any help with that

That was mean...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/28/19
ttt
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/28/19

That was mean...

But it's the truth!! Me & Elmer----"Hell I was there" smile
Posted By: Filaman Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19
I'm new here, what the hell is a Dink-a-thon?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by Filaman

You gonna have to wait until you been here long enough to get your Secret Decoder Ring, to find out..... or, buy the next round! grin

Next you'll want to know what a Poo-bah is.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by Filaman

It is an annual tradition here to see who can shoot the smallest buck.

I am the Official Judge and Font of all Knowledge.

The customary bribe with each entry is Blantons Bourbon.

There are rules: like we need close up pics of the antler nubs and junk as proof of sex...unless I determine that we dont---a determination made in direct proportions to bribes.

Kids get style points, though they aren't old enough to buy bourbon.

Old classic firearms get style points too.

Basically its up to my discretion and level of thirst...

Hint.

That was mean...

But it's the truth!! Me & Elmer----"Hell I was there" smile

Bob, who is gonna shoot the Dink Pig if you're not there this year???
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19
[Linked Image]

Filaman,

I make good entries like this, but my bribe skills aren't up to par. To win this contest requires commitment to dink slaying excellence as well as the ability to properly bribe the poobah

-Jake
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19

Bribes and guns aside, nothing eclipses winning the Dink-a-thon, not an Emmy, Grammy or even an Oscar...
Posted By: kingston Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19

Bribes and guns aside, nothing eclipses winning the Dink-a-thon, not an Emmy, Grammy or even an Oscar...

Let’s revisit this after you’ve won your first AVN Award.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/29/19
I begin patterning my dink in late February.

I do this by looking for the sickest, frailest looking pregnant doe that I can find.

Chances are high that a sick frail doe will have runt of a fawn. After that it's just a matter of getting a bullet into said fawn.

I try to get them earlier in the season, early archery or muzzleloader preferably. Faded spots can carry you a long way in this contest. And you definitely have Better chance if you get them before they fatten up for winter.

-Jake
I begin patterning my dink in late February.

I do this by looking for the sickest, frailest looking pregnant doe that I can find.

Chances are high that a sick frail doe will have runt of a fawn. After that it's just a matter of getting a bullet into said fawn.

I try to get them earlier in the season, early archery or muzzleloader preferably. Faded spots can carry you a long way in this contest. And you definitely have Better chance if you get them before they fatten up for winter.

-Jake

Nice try to get someone chasing the wrong prey. Everyone that knows anything about deer, knows that a sick, frail impregnated doe controls the “X” and “Y” chromosomes by nutritional stability that causes a unintentional shift to the female sex of the offspring. Go ahead and send all the other potential D-a-T competitors on a wild doe chase, real deer hunters know it takes lots more than what a frail doe can produce to create a true Dink-A-Thon masterpiece...

Nice try to get someone chasing the wrong prey. Everyone that knows anything about deer, knows that a sick, frail impregnated doe controls the “X” and “Y” chromosomes by nutritional stability that causes a unintentional shift to the female sex of the offspring. Go ahead and send all the other potential D-a-T competitors on a wild doe chase, real deer hunters know it takes lots more than what a frail doe can produce to create a true Dink-A-Thon masterpiece...

This looks an awful lot like pontification.

If there's any pontificating to do on this thread, it should be left up to The Judge to do it.

The Poobah has spoken......

and he still hasn't seen any whiskey or a Honda SL350 appearing from the south....

Just sayin'.....

Don't you live on East Callender street in Helena? I left the bike and a case of double malt whiskey on the porch...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19

Don't you live on East Callender street in Helena? I left the bike and a case of double malt whiskey on the porch...

No.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19

You’re kidding, right?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19

You’re kidding, right?

No.

But I AM thirsty...

hint...
Posted By: ChanceD Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19
Daughter shot a dink small buck this year, great meat though! Remington Classic .300 Savage 110gr Barnes TTSX.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19
That's a fine looking rifle

-Jake
Posted By: ChanceD Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/30/19
That's a fine looking rifle

-Jake

Thank you! She’s a good girl and she earned it, this is her second year using it. I bought it as a riflethatshe could keep and use her entire life. I pray that she’ll continue to hunt as she grows even without me encouraging her to go.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/31/19
This is the last day of the Dink-a-thon! Get your last entries in now!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/31/19

Good grief, don't you ever sleep?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/31/19

Good grief, don't you ever sleep?

Look who's talking...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 01/31/19
What did I win!?
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/01/19
I like Chance's daughter's buck.--. Classic Rifle, Classic Round, Classic shot placement, Great Smile & she's prettier than the rest of you.

Lot's of style points there--Pooh-Bah.

I'll send the bribe if that helps.

Bob
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/01/19
Well, the fat lady has sung. No Dinks for me this year.

This is the smallest buck I shot this year. Loser again.

[Linked Image]

Then there was this one. I had the perfect dink in my sights and my trigger finger slipped.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/01/19
I'll just add that you know I'm the only one who you will actually receive your bribe from
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/01/19
Brian, that's a nice buck.
Brian, that's a nice buck.

Thanks, but it was a little bitter sweet. The night before, I shot a really nice big 8 point. I got him a little high and left. Clearly a bad shot on my part and got part of the shoulder. The arrow only went in to the fletchings when he ran off. I tracked him a ways in the dark with very little blood. So I figured I'd go hunting the next morning and then try to pick up the trail. A half hour after I got in the tree, that 9 point came along, except this time I made a good shot. I picked up the blood trail on the 8 point, but there wasn't much blood to work with and finally ran out of any sign. So I went in search for him down the creek bottom with no luck. I spent a couple of hours looking, but I had to give it up because the 9 point was still laying in the field and I was a little worried about the foxes and coyotes. I hate it when that happens.

It's nice hearing from you Bob. I hope all is well.
Posted By: ChanceD Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/01/19
I like Chance's daughter's buck.--. Classic Rifle, Classic Round, Classic shot placement, Great Smile & she's prettier than the rest of you.

Lot's of style points there--Pooh-Bah.

I'll send the bribe if that helps.

Bob

Thank you for all of that!
I'll just add that you know I'm the only one who you will actually receive your bribe from

I think it's a conspiracy.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19

DINKATHON WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The Moment you've all been waiting for....

HONORABLE MENTION goes to:

SC gun Nut--nice entry but the use of a classic cartridge in a classic rifle that was stainless cost you...

RNF- Nice...but not good enough....

Fifth Place- Irving D. Impressive but just too big...

Fourth Place: Roof- good job my friend!

3rd Place: Bocajnala- your buck was a tad too big and lack of a good junk pic cost you...

2nd place and Runner -up : Shrapnel! Everything was well done and your effort was superlative....but.....

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER: Unprecedented 3 Time WINNER...

dvdgeorge!!!!!!

Congratulations my amigo! I will be happy to share the bribe with you at the pig hunt!

Till next season gentlemen!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19

No sour grapes here, but it should be obvious that the bribe is more important than the dink...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19
Rats! I thought I had a chance!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19
I would like to thank all who hunted dinks this year without y'all this wouldn't be nearly as sweet.
I would especially like to thank Poobah for this prestigious honor and his always fair and just contest

Dilly Dilly and Blantons Old Fashions shall flow freely for the Grand One!!!
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19

Lmao that someone else knows what that is!

So,444Matt,how many of those AVN's do you have?

dvdegeorge is a Muslim...

Fake News
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19

None I never went pro. 😉

Fake News

I AM NOT A SORE LOSER!

dvdegeorge voted for Hilary...

Fake News

I AM NOT A SORE LOSER!

True Hillary Duff

[Linked Image]

None I never went pro. 😉

Wore it out. wink
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/02/19

Fake News

I AM NOT A SORE LOSER!

Shrap......You'll just have to tough this one out..

Tell you what I'm willing to do cause it was SOOOOO close...

I'll come down, pick up the Honda SL350 and a couple bottles of Blantons...and I'll bet you do better next year.... wink wink

Yes...I would be willing to do that for you....just this one time....
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19
FYI my agent has been in contact with the powers that be and I am strongly considering retiring from the Dinkathon by taking the offer as the rule/advisory/co judge /jr,poobah

I feel the time is right ......the bitter taste of last years loss has now been replaced with the sweet taste of victory for a 3rd time ....as I type this I am officially announcing my retirement from Dinkathon competition !

I will leave you with this.....remember it's not truly a dink without a good bribe and a junk picture
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19
FYI my agent has been in contact with the powers that be and I am strongly considering retiring from the Dinkathon by taking the offer as the rule/advisory/co judge /jr,poobah

I feel the time is right ......the bitter taste of last years loss has now been replaced with the sweet taste of victory for a 3rd time ....as I type this I am officially announcing my retirement from Dinkathon competition !

I will leave you with this.....remember it's not truly a dink without a good bribe and a junk picture

Sorry to hear this because you're a great competitor. We'll look forward to hearing from you when you give us your expert analysis and opinion on the complicated rulings.

So in other words, you're getting tired of screwing around with little Bambies when there are bigger ones to kill your time with.
Au contrair Remember I am the only one to come in last place and win the Dinkathon in the same season.....when you are the #DinkGOAT you can kill large buck and dinks

Last place "winner" while still taking the Dinkathon title

[Linked Image]

Winning the title this season I also killed this 11pt buck

[Linked Image]

Again I will no longer compete formally in the contest and give others a chance ....not to say a dink won't make it to my table for fare
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19

Tis a dark day indeed when Dvdgeorge throws in his hat. Incidently sir, what types of bribes err......reimbursements would you find satisfactory to "influence" your vote?

I was thinking that what worked so easily with Poobah might not meet your obviously higher standards.......
Ah fine bourbon is still the way to both judges hearts
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19
Have you thought of guiding?

Do the rules allow a dink from a guided hunt? I'm sure a bribe is in order...
Dinkathon participants must take dink on their own with out the assistance of a guide

Rule 4.35a sub paragraph 4 of the judges rule book
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19
I wonder what the "Blanton's Factor" is on that one.

4 bottles
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/05/19
Dinkathon participants must take dink on their own with out the assistance of a guide

How 'bout if I take it with the Family Truckster?

You lose big time on style points using a vehicle
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/06/19

You lose big time on style points using a vehicle

Dadgummit.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/06/19

Yes Dan is retiring from the competition with three wins...but we have not seen the last of him.

With his vast experience and winning attitude I have decided to make him Co-Judge in the next Dinkathon!

Read that to mean serious entries must be accompanied by TWICE the amount of bribes! laugh
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/06/19
Do we have to shoot the deer twice as many times?? Will there be a "Ceiling" on size that can be an entry??

Kudos to Dan for his win, and thank God for his decision to retire. I let so many small deer go by for fear that it wouldn't be a competitor that I almost ended up without a small deer, but shot one anyway to keep my local reputation. (My hunting buddies are unaware of my participation. I just tell them they are good "eaters").

The pressure was so much I had to drink the bribes I bought to cope...

I think I'll open next years as a toast to the new co-judge.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/07/19
Yeah Vic, you've won once yourself, with a white deer...tough act to follow.

Dan and I will be discussing protocol for next years Dinkathon...but I think he may invoke the " deer can't be longer than the gun" rule...
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/07/19
Yes and the devil will be in the details....unless the bribe warrants other wise
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/07/19
Now that will be interesting.....I was going to use a 1911....
Now that will be interesting.....I was going to use a 1911....

If you get one close to gun size you’re a shoe in

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/07/19
Particulars on that piece? Nice looking one.

I just converted a Ruger SR1911 to 45 Super. I probably won't hunt with it as a primary weapon, but if I'm out doing chores and an opportunity presents itself......
Les Bear UTC with handloads
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/08/19
I'm going to have to get a longer barrel......

I can't say that I'm pleased with third place when I had such high aspirations. But I'll use the experience gained this season and the third place as a motivator to hopefully place higher next season. I may take my talents to a southern state next year to get into some smaller dinks

-Jake
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/08/19
I'm lookin' for one of them Marlin bolt-action Goose guns now. The one with the 36" barrel...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/08/19
I'm lookin' for of them Marlin bolt-action Goose guns now. The one with the 36" barrel...

We used to sell the schist out of those when folks still believed they'd " reach way out there...."
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/08/19
I'm lookin' for of them Marlin bolt-action Goose guns now. The one with the 36" barrel...

We used to sell the schist out of those when folks still believed they'd " reach way out there...."

Now Now Now--Pooh-Bah---My trap gun has a 34" barrel. I'm at the 27yard & shoot Class A in singles. Longer barrels do have merit & they just look "cool".
Posted By: ingwe Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/09/19
Trap shooters are a different breed...
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/09/19
"PULL" grin
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/09/19
First, I have to mount a scope......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/09/19
First, I have to mount a scope......

[Linked Image]

That looks like a Marlin 512 slug gun
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/09/19
I reckon, it's a pick I stole off the internet in the interest of being silly.

I found the mount.......interesting.
Posted By: scottishkat Re: Dink-a-thon? - 02/23/19

Vic we should have no problem competing with New York skippers heck I shot 36 pounder on the last day of our season here. The skippers in western New York weight 36 pounds in August. If I can figure out how to post images I'll give em a run for their money next year.

This Blanton's thing is a problem though all their talking about it made me thirsty and it's not available in VA. I'll have to stick with my old standby 14yo Glenfiddich puts me in my happy place every time

Good luck and shoot straight y'all
© 24hourcampfire