Home
Posted By: pointer Super K shoots and scores! - 10/05/18
Super K (my youngest son) decided to tag along with his older brother and I for the youth hunt last weekend. About and hour before dark, Big Brother whispers, "Don't move, there's a deer right there!". Sure enough, a doe had stepped out of the weeds about 40yds out. She feeds from our left to center stage as Super K gets on the rifle. Big Brother had stated emphatically that he wasn't going to shoot a doe this weekend... She's facing us, feeding, as Super K gets her lined up in the scope (RAR 243 Win with a K6). She's facing us, so I whisper to him to wait until she turns sideways. She no more than turns a few degrees and BANG! Whoa! She trots back the way she came. I was surprised at the shot, so didn't get to watch her reaction as much as I'd have liked to. I told Super K, "I'm not sure if you hit her.". His reply, "I got her. I was aiming right where you said."! We waited a few mins then went looking. First blood wasn't the easiest to find, but once we found it it was easy enough for the 30yd of the trail! Deer #3 for Super K.

[Linked Image]Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

Even got Big Brother in on the pics.

Most of our gear is tied up with our recent relocation, thus the "untraditional" hunting garb/gear. I will say, it's nice to head out with just a pocketknife, a pocket full of shells, and a rifle!
Posted By: SKane Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/05/18
Sweet!!! Congrats to Super K!
Posted By: GRF Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/05/18
Awesome. Congrats to the lad.

Thanks for posting.
Congrats!
Posted By: RNF Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/05/18
Great photos, congrats to the young man.
Posted By: jwall Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/05/18
Congrats !

Looks like a bigun!!!
Posted By: tzone Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
Excellent!!
Congrats!
How cool is that?! He's hooked for life!
Posted By: JSH Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
Great job to all of you. A nice big doe for the freezer is always a good way to start the season.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Posted By: LouisB Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
Congratulations!
A shot remembered with each bite of fine eating!
Fine job young man!
Lots of great eating there.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
good on big brother for giving him the shot
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
Originally Posted by pointer
Super K (my youngest son) decided to tag along with his older brother and I for the youth hunt last weekend. About and hour before dark, Big Brother whispers, "Don't move, there's a deer right there!". Sure enough, a doe had stepped out of the weeds about 40yds out. She feeds from our left to center stage as Super K gets on the rifle. Big Brother had stated emphatically that he wasn't going to shoot a doe this weekend... She's facing us, feeding, as Super K gets her lined up in the scope (RAR 243 Win with a K6). She's facing us, so I whisper to him to wait until she turns sideways. She no more than turns a few degrees and BANG! Whoa! She trots back the way she came. I was surprised at the shot, so didn't get to watch her reaction as much as I'd have liked to. I told Super K, "I'm not sure if you hit her.". His reply, "I got her. I was aiming right where you said."! We waited a few mins then went looking. First blood wasn't the easiest to find, but once we found it it was easy enough for the 30yd of the trail! Deer #3 for Super K.

Even got Big Brother in on the pics.

Most of our gear is tied up with our recent relocation, thus the "untraditional" hunting garb/gear. I will say, it's nice to head out with just a pocketknife, a pocket full of shells, and a rifle!

first nice deer for super k a big atta boy!! second, isn't that the way do do it, your favorite rifle a pocket full of shells and a good knife
Posted By: ChipM Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/06/18
Very nice, congrats to K
Amazing start! Good job!
Great Shootin' Super K
Alrighty! Fun times and good eats smile
Posted By: Cinch Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/08/18
Congratulations!
Way to go man that's awesome.
Posted By: hanco Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/11/18
Thanks for posting, fantastic
Great times! Congratulations to you and your sons.
Posted By: pointer Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/19/18
Thanks guys! Hoping they can add a few more to the freezer before it's all said and done.
Posted By: Judman Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/19/18
Right on brother!! Miss those days sometimes...
Posted By: rlott Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/20/18
Nice work! Ye Olde 243 Win and Weaver K6 = 2 batches of summer sausage!
Posted By: ChaseA1 Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/21/18
Great job super K I remember my first deer with a 6.5 Swedish Mauser!😀
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Super K shoots and scores! - 10/21/18
Congrats all around! Never doubt them young eyes!
Congrats to Super K, but you and your other son should be congratulated as well for him not only passing up the doe but it looks like he was tickled little brother got the deer. Not all brothers are that way I have found out. So congratulations to all of you! Those 2 young men have the makings for being stand-up citizens.
© 24hourcampfire