Home
Killed this Buck at straight up noon today he was the 8th buck I had seen since about 7 this morning. Saw 15 smoothies as well.
Details to come as soon as I get him skinned.
[Linked Image]
Nice buck. Love Show Me deer!
Good looking buck!
I saw a nice one around noon while helping a friend recover his deer. I didn't get a shot st him and I had to quit early today due to a 12 hour overtime shift tonight. Back at 'em tomorrow afternoon!
Dang nice buck, 10 ga! Congrats
Sitting all day does pay off. Nice job, that is a beaut.
Originally Posted by 30338
Sitting all day does pay off. Nice job, that is a beaut.

This is My 4th buck off of this piece we bought. Killed one at daylight 2 years ago w my rifle and the 2 years before that a buck at 1:30 and another at 1:40 364 days apart, both archery deer.

Saw 10 deer between 11:30 and noon when I killed him.

I am a fan but it can also be very boring. This is only my second time sitting this stand, hunted it opener last year and saw 9 bucks but only 4 does that day. It is at the very edge of a bedding area and can be a bit tight at times. Last year had a nice 7 and a doe within 50 yards from daylight until about 2 when she finally spied me.
Super nice! What part of MO?
Originally Posted by Brad
Super nice! What part of MO?

Benton County.
Side view.

[Linked Image]
Beautiful buck, proof that it pays to be in the woods when others are back in camp eating lunch and napping. Deer move around midday too, not just at first light and dusk.
Shot him w my old BDL 6mm loaded with a 95 grain Partition on top of a good dose of IMR-4350. The shot was about 25 yards and he went about 60 yards after the shot.

Hit him a bit high in lungs, was trying to hit high shoulder for an instant kill but he wouldn't stop and I was squeezing a bit too hard I guess.

Blood at point of impact. I bet there was blood blown 10' behind where he was standing. Hell of a trail although it wasn't needed as I saw him fall.

[Linked Image]
Nice looking deer.
Good job!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Entry wound.

[Linked Image]
Exit. Higher than entry even though deer was shot from an elevated stand. Bullets do funny things when striking bone. Centered ribs on entry and exit.

[Linked Image]
Wow! Great buck. Congrats.
Nice!

Missouri seems to produce a lot of nice bucks.
Real good buck!! I’ve never shot a 6mm or a 243, but I’ve loaded a bunch of 243’s for grandkids. I’ve watched them kill a lot of deer and pigs with them. The 243 kills just as well as my cannons.
That’s a nice buck. What county do you hunt? That buck reeks of north central Missouri if I had to try and guess
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
That’s a nice buck. What county do you hunt? That buck reeks of north central Missouri if I had to try and guess

Benton County.
D A N D Y ! ! ! !!

Congrats.

Jerry
Nice buck, 10gaugemag!
© 24hourcampfire