Home
Well we have been trying since last year and we had a miss or two and some bad luck but we finally got it done. The kill shot is near the 7min mark if you wanna fast forward.
Very cool you were able to film his first deer!
That’s awesome!! Congrats and say to get it on film!!
Congrats!
Congrats to the young Hunter!!
Congrats!
Well done! Great shot! Nice critter!!! Congrats to all!!!!👍
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Well done! Great shot! Nice critter!!! Congrats to all!!!!👍

Just something to think about, I live up in SD where the winters can be long and cold and young of the year don't all make it through. The doe was a proven breeder, now neither fawn has the guidance of her to get through the winter( well that's the case up here ,maybe it's not that important down there). I think a better choice would have been to select 1 of the young ones and shot it. Just a point and maybe it isn't as important down south as it is up here. MB
According to the biologists it is not important in the south, especially if fully weaned. I always figured that was the case for any region.
Congratulations to the young man on his first deer. Congratulations to you on being there when it happened. May he be blessed to hunt for many seasons with great success, and may he also pass on to others his love for the hunt.
Once they loose spots down here in MS the survival rate for a fawn is the same as with its mother or without according to our biologist. One thing we don’t have is a shortage of deer. And our winters rarely stay below freezin more than a week or two where I’m at during a normal winter. I understand what your saying but I’m gonna let a kid shoot whatever he wants for his first deer smile Thanks for all the comments.
Originally Posted by brumfield5026
Once they loose spots down here in MS the survival rate for a fawn is the same as with its mother or without according to our biologist. One thing we don’t have is a shortage of deer. And our winters rarely stay below freezin more than a week or two where I’m at during a normal winter. I understand what your saying but I’m gonna let a kid shoot whatever he wants for his first deer smile Thanks for all the comments.

Yep. Kid shoots what makes him happy even in QDA or Trophy areas.
CONGRATULATIONS! A Fine first deer.
Nice shot and video, congrats to all involved.
Very nice. I love that box bong with those super comfortable millennium seats! Way to go! Perfect shot!
Awesome hunt and video. Love the rain on the tin roof, nothing like a comfortable box stand in the rain.
Congrats, neither one of you will ever forget that time.
© 24hourcampfire