Home
Well, my daughter Kenzi connected on a nice young 8 point last Saturday evening on our next to last day of our firearms season, her first buck and her second deer (she got one a couple of weeks ago with crossbow but that is another story). We put in our sits and almost got a shot previously but no shots fired; she persevered and I got her to go out one last time Saturday afternoon and she said "it was her last". The wind was howling from them to us and he came in at 80 yards. To say this hadn't been an undertaking for 1 man with her disabilities is an understatement; I did learn some things that will make it easier for next fall because she says she wants to go again. She was excited to "fill the freezer" again and I took her to the processor to help tell them what we wanted (she froze up under pressure). I wish I could attach videos of pre-and post-shot to hear her excitement but if there is a way I don't know how to do it.

I haven't hunted much the past few years due to our situation but it looks like now I've got my daughter wanting to go so I will be able to help her reach her dreams which will take care of my dreams also. Just remember, you can do a world of good getting a youth or someone outdoors that otherwise might not get out there!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Best story of the year. I'm smilin like heck. Congrats to you sir on some fine work. But a bigger congrats to your daughter. There is NOTHING like sitting with your kids on their first deer!!
No kidding tzone how can you not smile reading this post and looking at the pictures - really good stuff!!!! Way to go Kenzi and dad - love that last picture with both of you and the deer - great!!!
Tulsaburnside: Please extend my congratulations to your daughter on harvesting that fine Whitetail Buck!
I am so happy for her (and you!)!
I hope she is already looking forward to next season.
Pause to clear some tears...
I am so thankful she was able to get afield with her father.
Please share more often.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S. If you'all ever get up SW Montana way I would love to host you'all on a Colony Varmint Hunt - we shoot a lot on private lands from within our vehicles.
Guys, I hate to say it, but if you think this one tears you up, wait til you see the post I am working on right now for her doe she killed a couple of weeks ago. If I could attach videos, this emotion you see from her fills your soul.
I salute you as a father and as a man, tulsaburnside. Thank you for sharing your daughter's and your story. Beautiful!
Huge congrats to both of you! Truly an amazing story and great buck! Great photos and smiles to last a lifetime.
I hope you framed those last two pictures. They are perfect.

Congratulations to the young lady for getting her first buck and to you for taking the time.
Originally Posted by tzone
Best story of the year. I'm smilin like heck. Congrats to you sir on some fine work. But a bigger congrats to your daughter. There is NOTHING like sitting with your kids on their first deer!!

+ 100

Absofrickenlutley !!!

smile grin
Best story of the year.

No doubt.

Good stuff Tulsa..

Smiles on young faces... and food in the freezer... doesn’t get any better.
Good stuff here! Love to see the smiles... congratulations to you all...
Congrats! Upload your videos to youtube and post them here if youd like.
How do I post the YouTube link?
Absolutely terrific, kudos to you Dad !!!! Congrats to your daughter on a great buck and more importantly, the experience !!!!!!
Originally Posted by tulsaburnside
How do I post the YouTube link?

You already have a youtube video uploaded??

If you want you can just copy the url here and someone will "fix" it for you. Or if you wanna try it yourself, when you make a post use the full editor, and then at the top of the post there is a little "movie" symbol to the right of a picture symbol. Click the movie one(if you point at it it says insert media tag), and youll get a bunch of choices. One will be youtube, click youtube. A box will pop up, enter the youtube url in there and click ok. The click post reply. Itll show the video here then.
A Big Congrads to Kenzi, and to you Dad! Great Buck and Great Eating!
t b s you and your daughter just made my day I hope both of you have a long and happy hunting time together
Congrats to the young lady!
OUTSTANDING! Great buck and an even better hunt and story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Congrats!
Wonderful story. Congratulations!
What a great story. You are a great Father Mr. Burnside. May the Lord bless the both of you with many more hunts.
Way to go lady. Sign dad up to do it again next year.
Congrats to the young lady and a salute to you Dad.
Good job young lady and dad too, congrats to both.
Can’t tell you how much I appreciated this post. Simply awesome and a great reminder why I love this site.

Just awesome for you and your girl. Give her some love from Idaho.

Dave
What a trophy! And the buck is a keeper as well. God bless you both!
Kenzi's smiles in those photos and her wanting to do it again say it all. You sir have a great and warm heart and have been richly rewarded.
That is fantastic!!!

Congrats to her. She can teach us a lot.
Congratulations to both of you!!! Stories like yours keep the Campfire great. grin

Any links to your videos on YouTube?
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Congratulations to both of you!!! Stories like yours keep the Campfire great. grin

Any links to your videos on YouTube?

I'm trying; I tried to post them but they wouldn't play on the original posting. I'll do an edit and see if they work.
Tulsa
Contact me if I can help you get her to Wyoming for antelope.
Thanks for the wonderful post, there is nothing better than hunting with your kids, a job well done by both of you!
Please tell your daughter congratulations!!!! ....and thanks for sharing with us!
Awesome story and congrats to your daughter and yourself!
Pretty young lady with a good lookin' deer! Enjoy the venison & smiles! smile

PS: All the videos are "unavailable". Did you take them down or are the permissions set to private? I'd love to watch them.
The wind was howling from them to us and he came in at 80 yards.

Was the deer in a field or in woods?

Around me, if the wind is blowing, the deer are all out in overgrown fields.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Pretty young lady with a good lookin' deer! Enjoy the venison & smiles! smile

PS: All the videos are "unavailable". Did you take them down or are the permissions set to private? I'd love to watch them.

Tyrone, you may have to restart your computer. I kept getting those messages when I was adding them; did a restart and they were available then.
Congratulations to your daughter and to you.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
The wind was howling from them to us and he came in at 80 yards.

Was the deer in a field or in woods?

Around me, if the wind is blowing, the deer are all out in overgrown fields.

They were in the field, little tree cover. Around here the wind is always blowing from some direction so the deer don't mind wind at all.
Originally Posted by JDK
I hope you framed those last two pictures. They are perfect.

Congratulations to the young lady for getting her first buck and to you for taking the time.

Yeah, those are going to get made into 5" x 7" at least and if the resolution is good enough make them bigger than that.
I'm sure glad I read this post - it's what family and hunting are really all about. Congratulations to the young lady!
That's totally awesome.... grin
That is great!
How long before you both stop smilling?
Way to go Kenzi!
This is so cool on sooooo many levels.

A tip of the hat to fulfilling dreams.
Just saw this. You and your daughter made Christmas a lot more special. Congratulations to the hunter and her guide!

You guys rock. I love seeing young ladies enjoying the outdoors with their Dads. Turkeys are next.

Plus a million- congrats to you both!
Congratulations to y’all for an awesome hunt together!
Fantastic-Great Shootin' Kenzi
love this post.
Excellent story
Congratulations
AWESOME!!!!

That is so cool!
That’s a great first buck
Atta girl!!! Tell her congratulations from us. Congratulations to you too! It is clear that you made out as well as she did! smile
Man that is FANTABULOUS ! ! !

Your post & pix absolutely warm my heart.

Please tell her that I said, F A A A R out !! cool cool

Jerry

Outstanding all the way around, well done y'all!
Awesome! Congrats to both of you!
Outstanding! Congrats to both!
Congrats! I'm glad she hung in there and got it. The smiles say it all.
Well, I just chunked another two rick of firewood off the 1-ton in the misting rain, not a sign of dust anywhere, be danged, after reading this thread I have something in my eyessmile, well done Dad and Kenzi.
Excellent story, thanks for sharing!

Congrats all the way around.
That was an excellent report

Love your daughters reaction
Originally Posted by Odessa
I'm sure glad I read this post - it's what family and hunting are really all about. Congratulations to the young lady!

Thanks Odessa!
Great job to both of you!!!!
BTT
Awesome, she certainly looks happy!
© 24hourcampfire