Home
Well, on a cold Wednesday evening the day before Thanksgiving in Illinois, my daughter Kenzi harvested her first deer, a great doe to "fill the freezer" as she says! She hunted with the Holy Pursuit's Dream Foundation (www.holypursuitsdreamfoundation.com), who provides hunting or fishing trips for children with life threatening illnesses. She hunted for 2 1/2 days, getting up at 4:15 each morning and hunting the morning and going back out in the afternoon; she shot her doe during the last 30 minutes of the hunt. To say that they do unbelievable work for these kids is an understatement! The accommodations, hunt, equipment, and experience are beyond reproach; they have a track chair that Kenzi was able to use to get to the blind and she activated the trigger on a crossbow to fire by sucking on an air activated hose actuator. We stayed at Holy Pursuit Outfitters (if you are a deer hunter and haven't heard about the bucks their clients are harvesting, where have you been) and it was all top notch. Thank you to Holy Pursuits Dream Foundation and if you are looking for an organization to become involved with, check this one out!

As a father, I can't quite fully explain the emotions, getting to be with and see your child, who you thought could never achieve something like this, gets to do something that they have wanted to do. The picture of me kissing my daughter, a picture that was taken in the moment, has such an impact on me each time I see it. It brings back a flood of emotions, from seeing her persevere during the cold and staying after it, seeing her determination to follow through with what we had talked about during the fall, and seeing the raw emotion of her success made this hunt the greatest hunt that I have been a part of.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[[Linked Image]

Atta girl, Kenz. Too cool for school.
Congrads on the fine Doe Kenzi! Congrads to you also Dad!
Very very cool. Congrats to both of you.
Nothing better than spending time in the field with family. Good job Kenzi and all involved.
Nice job all around. I don’t know why your heart is not EXPLODING with Kenzi’s success. 😀

I can blame the tear in my eye 😢 on the hormone treatments I’ve had for prostate cancer.
That is so cool that it is beyond words. Kenzi...you are awesome, Sweetheart. Dad...you're pretty cool too.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Nice job all around. I don’t know why your heart is not EXPLODING with Kenzi’s success. 😀

I can blame the tear in my eye 😢 on the hormone treatments I’ve had for prostate cancer.

I don't know what I can blame the one in my eye on. Other than that story and those photos have touched my heart in a precious way.

That'll make your eyes sweat
Awesome!! Congrats to the both of you!!
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by navlav8r

I don't know what I can blame the one in my eye on. Other than that story and those photos have touched my heart in a precious way.

It still gets me when I look at the pictures and video
AWESOME....happy for you both!!!
Congrats Kenzi! Great job, Dad! Thanks for sharing with us. smile
That's awesome, good for her. What a great experience and organization that supports it.
Originally Posted by Driftboater
That's awesome, good for her. What a great experience and organization that supports it.

Yes, the foundation that does it is unbelievable; this was actually a fill in hunt where a child was scheduled to go that week but got sick and could't go. They asked if Kenzi wanted to come during that week and they would still have her hunting trip that she wants to go on next year.
Awesome stuff!!
How great is that!!!! way to go!!
Way to go!
Meat in the freezer and time to relive the hunt/time with each meal she provided!
Tulsaburnside

Words cannot describe. That's all I can say. Merry Christmas.

Onerifle
Great hunt with Kenzi, got her camo working, great deer, great ATV. You have her fixed up.

If you are ever at the Tulsa Gun Show you should come by our table. I’d love to shake your hand. Meeting Kenzi would be great too.
WoW!!!! Gooooooooo SuperChick. That is awesome. I know you are PROUD and she should be too. BIG CONGRATS !!!!!
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

That'll make your eyes sweat

Brought tears to this old man's eyes.
I have no words for the feeling I have in my heart. Kenzi, THANK YOU for allowing Dad to share this story. You are MY idol. I'll bet you that Dad's chest measurement has outgrown his shirts. Thank you for sharing this with us, and a BIG congratulations on your hunt.
Simply FANTASTIC!! That is so cool!

CONGRATS!!!!
Super!! Congrats to her!!
Originally Posted by pointer
Super!! Congrats to her!!

Thanks!
That is awesome! Congratulations to the young lady and to you for helping to make it happen! Thanks for sharing the story and pictures and best wishes for more memorable hunts together.
What a cool thing. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I have no words for the feeling I have in my heart. Kenzi, THANK YOU for allowing Dad to share this story. You are MY idol. I'll bet you that Dad's chest measurement has outgrown his shirts. Thank you for sharing this with us, and a BIG congratulations on your hunt.

I will tell you that it was probably the greatest hunt I have been a part of. I am proud beyond words.
BTT
That's pretty awesome. Well done
Originally Posted by tulsaburnside
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

I will tell you that it was probably the greatest hunt I have been a part of. I am proud beyond words.

And THAT is what it is all about.
Too cool! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you ever so much for sharing. Merry Christmas to your family and I hope your having some venison for the season.

I still haven't had a decent shot at a doe this year.
This thrills my heart to know this young lady got her deer. Congratulations to her and to dad. Wonderful dream come true.
Outstanding!!!
Congratulations! Now she's hooked! Great job.
Weidmanshiell to the young huntress! A hearty congratulations to her family. My heart soars to see a new hunter bring home meat for her family. May she be blessed!
This is one of the best posts of the year! Many congratulations to you both!
BTT
© 24hourcampfire