Home
Posted By: hookeye Whitetail- double throat patch - 06/23/19
Was going through pics at work w another deer hunter.
He pointed out a little 8 I shot w revolver was a double throat patch.

I did not see it before I shot it, but afterwards was "OK cool".
This yrs ago.

Same woods last yr, popped another w double patch (lesser patch but still double).
Shot one years ago in another county.

I thought it just an odd thing, not anything "rare".

What say the 'fire ?

[Linked Image]
never payed much attention, I don't eat it. LOL

The first good buck I killed , some 35 years ago has a double throat patch. I haven't seen it often , do think it's kinda rare.
Have killed several here in GA. Uncommon, but they are out there.
Yeah a double throat patch is uncommon in these parts but I have seen several and killed a few in My 32 years of hunting Whitetails....most hunters dont even notice it, but I think its a cool oddity 👍.....Hb
Pretty common, just like a turkey with double beards. I don't even raise an eyebrow at them anymore.
I have two shoulder mounts of bucks that have them..
See them down here pretty regular.
We have some with that and some with white patches in different places on their bodies.
Never really paid attention. Piebalds, on the other hand, get noticed. Around Dulles International, I used to see them grazing on the roadside at night, including one that looked to be pure white. Also saw one at times near Gettysburg.
I have one mounted . Never noticed it till someone pointed it out to me.
Have shot 2 with a double throat patch. 2 does, 2 sequential years, about 75yards apart. Buddy with a farm down the road (well, more like 15miles) gets pretty regular photos of deer with double throat patches.
I just googled 'whitetail deer' and switched to images. There are a number of them on there.
How about this guy?

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire