Home
My home county is offering 6 doe tags with your gun and bow buck tags this season. Populations are pretty high in farm country and the local advisory committee is frustrated with their inability to reduce numbers.

I regularly see a dozen deer from the front porch after supper and might view this 6 tag package as a challenge
That's a lot.
Adams, Marquette, Waupaca?
I’d say. Sounds like they need more Yoders.
Shawano
I hunt in SW Door County. You wouldn't have to try very hard to fill 6 tags!
Originally Posted by mogwai
Shawano

Gotchya. I used to hunt near the Cloverleaf Lakes.
Still a few left around the lake, too
The local varmints along highway 29 can't keep up eating the road kills over that way. We need a bunch of those black vultures up here. Those things will devour a road kill pig in a few days down south.
For many many years I hunted in northern Grant County near Blue River. Great deer and turkey hunting. Sadly my folks sold that property and moved on. Now I hunt up in Lincoln County....much different. Bucks only for the most part, but you do see deer.
My siblings and cousins have 52 ac. near Red River , in Shawano co. I can't grow a tree on that land. If the sandy soil doesnt wither the seedlings, the deer eat them all up. It gets hunted hard by my cousins and brother in law. By gun season the dee know better than go through there in daylight. I wish they would bring back a Tzone in some areas. I would deb glad to get doe up there with the gun. Too many deer. I had some oaks that were at least 10 yrs old. They were 2' tall and 2' wide. The oaks could hardly keep a bud on the twigs even in summer till I wrapped them with chicken wire. The deer are even starting to eat the White Pine buds . We too many people want to see 10 deer a day or they get bored so they protest shooting more does, not caring that there is no regeneration of Hemlock, cedar, oaks, ash, or popple. There is red and white pine coming up by themselves , however, but what is the forest going to look like in 30 or 40 yrs?
© 24hourcampfire