Home
Winchester 64gr Power Point and Federal Power-Shok 64gr Soft Point (blue box).
I know the Win Power Points have a good reputation and if these Federals are similar then I'll go with them.
$7/box is hard to argue with.
Same/same, or stay away?
Thanks
if you are gonna use em for deer hunting trash em both and get some federal 62 grain fusion. the fusion just holds together and digs deep for a 223.
Big Ed
Both great... killed deer and hogs with both
I’ve loaded the power points for pigs, killed them fine!
Have used the Winchester and never been disappointed.
Let my buddy's 9yo son use my rifle. 1 shot @235 measured yards. Deer dropped where it stood.
17 deer with these Winchester 64gr. No reason to change.
I'd have no worries about either doing the job, go for the savings.

Make sure they shoot good for you.
Thanks guys
Deer won't know a difference
The power point is blunter for slower twists if that is a factor. All of the bullets mentioned will do well. I used the 55 grain Hornaday to keep velocity up in the 223.
I have killed deer and hogs with my 64 grain Winchester hand loads. Kills ‘em dead enough for me.
I've been using the 64gr PP, and Nosler BSB out of the .223. Loaded some of the Noslers for a slow twist .22-250, shot well and seem stable on targets, yet to use on deer though. Can't seem to tell a difference between these two.
I"ve used the 64 gr. PP Winchester Ranger ammunition for years and have killed a ton of axis deer and hogs with it. I've never had an issue with it.
My youngest son shot his first deer this morning with Federal Blue Box 64 grain softpoints.

125 yards
base of neck, through top of both shoulders/spine
exited without blowing up
dead right there
© 24hourcampfire