Home
Posted By: OttoG Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/14/19
I've always enjoyed the Nosler reloading books. I bought one in 2000 (#4?) and particularly enjoyed the page on the 7-08. Can't remember the author but he recounted sitting against a tree, seeing a buck cross the clearing, bracing his arms on his knees and quickly shooting. His point was that most of the time its ease of use and familiarity that wins the day. I got my 7-08 in 2006 and its my go to deer rifle for its combination of ease of use, pleasant shooting and hard hitting.

Fast forward nearly 2 decades to last week and I'm cleaning a small buck when my dog alerts me to another deer. I sit with my back to a stump with my arms braced on my knees as a massive buck trots past at 70 yds. I instinctively grunt, he stops, looks back and a 120gr BT hits him square in the neck.

Whoever who wrote that was right!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/14/19
I believe it was Jamison.
Posted By: kingston Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/14/19
Pics of the massive buck!
Posted By: kingston Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/14/19
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I believe it was Jamison.

You’re such a 7mm-08 nerd.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/14/19
I can't help it. Love that cartridge.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/16/19
I"d feel totally wrong hunting with any gun I'm not totally familiar with. Kind of thought that was required.
Posted By: hanco Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/16/19
7mm-08 is a fine cartridge, I have a model 7. It’s a handy little rifle!
Posted By: Cascade Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/16/19
Congrats! I don't have a 7-08, but I do have a couple of rifles I rely on for the vast majority of my hunting. They're "comfortable" anymore.

Regards, Guy
Posted By: RMerta Re: Reliving a Nosler Page - 10/17/19
7-08 is cute but I’m steady with the 264 Win Mag .
© 24hourcampfire