Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It had been 14 years since I'd taken a Whitetail. This one was a little too nice to let walk...;)
Posted By: jwall Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
I'd say so....

SHAZAAM !! Congrats

Jerry
Great buck, Pat! Would be hard to pass that on e up!
It would take an exceptional Muley to top that one
Posted By: beretzs Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Great buck Pat! That’s an amazing whitetail in any place!
Posted By: ingwe Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
EXCELLENT!
Wow! There's no way to let that one walk. Good job

Wow great buck. Not that it matters but it looks like it's a 180 inch buck from the pics. Do you know what he scores? He is a awesome buck for sure.
Posted By: efw Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Sheesh man the mass & character of that buck are both just incredible. Nice work; I can’t imagine there are many out there who could let him walk!

Great buck!
Wow! just WOW!

Originally Posted by scenarshooter

It had been 14 years since I'd taken a Whitetail. This one was a little too nice to let walk...;)
Damn!!! Nice buck.
Oh, mercy.
Posted By: tzone Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19

I would agree!!
Posted By: pointer Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Very nice!!! Great looking buck!

PS- Those bib straps look custom. I like 'em!
Posted By: Judman Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Looks like a fair trade!! 🤣🤣
Posted By: shootAI Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Wow. Nice deer Pat. That’s an awesome Montana whitetail
Posted By: SKane Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
I was wondering when the unveil would happen. laugh

Hot dang - what a brute! Congrats again, Pat!
Posted By: battue Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Great decision!!!!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
Wow. Dandy buck Congrats
Awesome buck!
Posted By: skeen Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19
I wouldn't have let it walk either! laugh
Dang!

Looks like a refugee from Saskatchewan.
Originally Posted by Judman
Looks like a fair trade!! 🤣🤣

No kidding! What a brute!
Posted By: aalf Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/04/19

Hubba hubba......hardly a concession.....
I don't know, he probably could have used another year. laugh

Just kidding! That is a hoss! Great buck.
Now that's a whitetail!! Congrats Pat on a fine buck anyone would be thrilled with.
Stud of a buck for sure.
Posted By: 6.5-06 Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
Wow! Congrats, nice buck, Pat.
Great buck!

I’m guessing the meat wasn’t going to spoil anytime soon... your bundled up like it’s chilly smile
Posted By: mmgravy Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
'Tis a dandy Pat!! Congrats!!

What did you shoot him with?
Well there is NO chance of you winning the "dink" contest with that entry. Another beauty scenarshooter!
Look at that mass! He would bust the horns off of the little bucks in my neighborhood. Congratulations big time!
What a BEAST! Congratulations.
Posted By: JPro Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
Massive brute right there! That whitetail is a stud buck....
Posted By: SKane Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
And there's a mule deer out there that'll get yet another year of age on him - stay tuned for this time next year. laugh
Posted By: ctsmith Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
I'm getting old. Have practically lived in the snowbird winter destination all my life, so inherently soft when it comes to cold. First thing I notice in Pats pic is that it's freaking cold.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
Pat;
Top of the morning to you sir, I shall dispense with my usual salutation as other than being a tad chilly I would presume all is well with you! wink However, I should add that I hope it's the same with your fine family.

Congratulations on that grand old buck Pat.

My goodness those prairie Dakota subspecies get some size on them! cool

If you are so inclined, did you happen to weigh the carcass on that big fellow or would you care to offer an educated guess?

Anyway sir, again well done and thanks so much for sharing the hunt photos with us.

All the best to you all this fall as we head into the colder part of the year.

Dwayne
Very nice!!! What rifle??

My old Whitetail hunting pal, Jerry,(aka Hi_Vel) requested I post this picture. We spent much of our youth chasing Whitetail bucks together around the Gallatin Valley, north of Bozeman...

He told me it brought back fond memories of time spent together back in the mid 70's, in a bygone era. Today, most of the areas we hunted are covered up in sub divisions, filled with trophy homes,

and "Ranchettes". I can remember hunting before school every morning, and pulling into the high school parking lot, greeted by teachers, wondering if we'd filled a tag that morning....nothing was ever said about our

rifles left in the rear window gun rack, during class, so we could slip back out for a quick after school hunt.

Times sure have changed.
Posted By: beretzs Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
That’s darned cool Pat. I remember the same thing with my buddies and I. Guns in the trucks and always plotting to get out after school and coming in before the bell just in time. Man, you aren’t kidding about times changing. Great picture. Thank you.
Posted By: jwall Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
DITTO, beretz and scenar.

I miss the good ole daze.

Jerry
Posted By: pointer Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19

My old Whitetail hunting pal, Jerry,(aka Hi_Vel) requested I post this picture. We spent much of our youth chasing Whitetail bucks together around the Gallatin Valley, north of Bozeman...

He told me it brought back fond memories of time spent together back in the mid 70's, in a bygone era. Today, most of the areas we hunted are covered up in sub divisions, filled with trophy homes,

and "Ranchettes". I can remember hunting before school every morning, and pulling into the high school parking lot, greeted by teachers, wondering if we'd filled a tag that morning....nothing was ever said about our

rifles left in the rear window gun rack, during class, so we could slip back out for a quick after school hunt.

Times sure have changed.
Such cool looking country to be chasing whitetails in. Thanks for the sharing the second pic.
As usual, great job. Congrats!!!
Posted By: AFraser Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/05/19
Tremendous mass on those antlers!
How old do you think that buck would be?
Posted By: Hi_Vel Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/06/19

Times sure have changed.

Pat,

So glad to see you included this photo in the thread.

It is not only a fantastic trophy, but this photo really captures the essence of a memorable hunt--the spitting snow, the fine snow on the ground--all of it just mighty fine medicine. One look at the photo just took me back in time to those special days....
Great buck, Hi Vel
Looks like a great buck. I think you had a good day.

Blessed for sure.

Take care
Oh My !!!!!

Beautiful Buck & unique country.

Well done Pat.
Great buck Pat, even if it is a whitetail 😉
Whoa... That's a great buck! Congrats!
What a beast! Congratulations Pat!
I'm headed out for SE Montana Monday. Mule deer is on the menu for this Missouri boy but I'd definitely shoot a whitetail like that!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/08/19
I saw what I thought was a pretty nice Mulie buck this AM on the Gros Ventre in Wyoming. I am no longer impressed. It wasn't snowing though. That is an awesome White Tail and great pics.

mike r
Any details on the hunt, how it went down, etc?
Posted By: SLM Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/08/19
You need to write a book someday.

Congrats.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Any details on the hunt, how it went down, etc?

When I get caught up...pretty hectic time of the year....it's a good tale!

A good "hectic'...;)
Posted By: Sako76 Re: No Mule Deer This Fall.... - 11/17/19
Congrats, slammer!
Very nice !! See ya Tuesday smile
I dream of bucks like that ,wow !
That's a nice one for sure.
Pat,

Deceased by Scenar ?
© 24hourcampfire