Home
Posted By: 10gaugemag MO Opener - 11/16/19
Sitting here in the truck about to head to the tree, be an all day sit.

Hunting in NE Cass county. First time deer hunting this piece.

Everybody have a safe hunting season and good luck.

With any luck I can throw some pics up in a few hours of a good one.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: MO Opener - 11/16/19
My 6mm is getting bored!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: thardy Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
Four of us came up with zero today in Benton county. Never happened before. Trying again tomorrow.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
Dad is in Benton county. Saw quite a few does and a 10 pointer but too much brush for a shot.

I saw a small buck at daylight and a doe at 9:15. Sat all day.
Posted By: skeen Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
I’m in Morgan county. Lots of buck sightings but small. Suppose to rain tomorrow. I hate hunting in the rain anymore.
Posted By: bludog Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
We hunted our home place in southern Boone today. Hope and I both saw several deer, but not the big one we're after. We can hunt til about 830 tomorrow and still make our 1015 church service. Hope will probably stay here to hunt the big one around here in the afternoon, and I'll probably go to our farm in Moniteau County and just see if a big one shows up. Safe hunting to all. .

This little guy hung around for a half hour this morning. Better not show up in late December when I have my .54 in tote!
Posted By: AnsonRogers Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
No 4 point rule there? Ours in Clinton County is in effect for all methods unless you're a "ute" hunter during that season.

Not seeing much here. Small legal 8 pt yesterday am and some does and spikes. I'd like to take out one of the weird horned spikes. Probably genetically deficient.

Two or three days before season, we saw 6 good bucks from the house! One made a scrape 50 yards from the house. Where are they now?
No 4 point rule here. Typically would even dream of killing him but late December w my Hawken I am not quite as picky.

Nephew just sent me this. Benton County.
Just grunted this forker up. Gave him a pass as well.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photo upload website
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: MO Opener - 11/17/19
Not going until Tues. PM. But would go out in a rain. Probably wait until 10:00 AM when most of the hunters went to breakfast. Usually a bigger buck will come by checking his trail of scrapes. We will see what comes up in Caldwell County. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: B_n_C_Buck Re: MO Opener - 11/19/19
Passed up several small bucks, a couple in the 110-120 class. Nothing to get excited about. Sunday was a much better day than Saturday in terms of deer movements. I will give it a try again next weekend.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: MO Opener - 11/23/19
So far 7 small bucks is all I have seen.

Moved from my stand to a spot on the ground about 100 yards to the north where these bucks have been coming from, see if there is more traveling happening up here.

Hiding behind a big blow down this morning.

Posted By: tedthorn Re: MO Opener - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by skeen
I’m in Morgan county. Lots of buck sightings but small. Suppose to rain tomorrow. I hate hunting in the rain anymore.

Me too
Posted By: rockchucker Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
wife and i killed a couple dandy's at our place in callaway county
Posted By: skeen Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
One of my sons scored in Morgan County on public land today with his Larue 6.5 Grendel and 123grain Hornady SSTs.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Tarbe Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
Nice buck skeen. Congrats to your boy!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
So far 7 small bucks is all I have seen.

Moved from my stand to a spot on the ground about 100 yards to the north where these bucks have been coming from, see if there is more traveling happening up here.

Hiding behind a big blow down this morning.

I'm Diggin' that 6mm.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
Wishing I had funds for that ADL that's in the classifieds!!
Posted By: Nebraska Re: MO Opener - 11/24/19
Originally Posted by skeen
One of my sons scored in Morgan County on public land today with his Larue 6.5 Grendel and 123grain Hornady SSTs.

Nice! Scoring a nice buck like that on public land is tough hunting!!
© 24hourcampfire