Home
Posted By: bludog MO rifle bucks - 11/19/19
Let's see your bucks and hear your stories about those taken during rifle season in MIssouri this year. I'll get it started, here's a pretty nice 8 with a split brow tine that makes him officially a 9.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Took him this morning at our farm in Moniteau County. MIssed him with the first shot at 170 yds, I must have hurried/rushed the shot. It felt good but he ran a few steps and stopped to figure out where the shot came from. Looked right at me in our hunting house when I racked the next bullet in, but the Good Lord game me another chance, he only walked away from my general direction. He stopped and gave me a good quartering away shot - this time on target, took out the last rib and the top of his heart. No exit. He jumped into the woods in front of him, and I heard him go down right after that. He went about 35-40 yards after he was hit

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Riflle was a Rem 700 with a Timney trigger and a Shillen barrel, in 243 win, shooting 95 gr Ballistic Tips using RL-26 powder for a MV of around 3130 fps. Despite no exit, there was a good blood trail within 15 yards of him being shot. No complaints.

Hope's still after the big guy at our home place.

Good hunting and be safe!

bludog
Posted By: LEADMINER Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/19/19
Nice buck Blu...
Posted By: cra1948 Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/19/19
A nicer MO buck than the 8 Point I shot last year a little north of you, up by Huntsville.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/19/19
Very nice with a 243 !!!!!!
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/19/19
Nice buck and good choice on the rifle! Big fan also of the 95 grain BT/.243.
Posted By: Judman Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
Good buck ya got there blu!! Grats
Posted By: 30338 Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
Sat with my nephew on Sat night. Told him it was does or a decent buck only. Had a spiker come out at 40 yards and glad we had discussed passing little guys. He finally snorted at us a few times and took off. May have winded us. About 10 minutes after he left, this one walked in to 75 yards. Close enough that even a 270 Winchester could kill him. Pretty decent buck for Greene County really.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: roundoak Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
Congrats on that good buck, Blu.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
Got my son-in-law on this buck on my place in Ozark County (not really known for big bucks at all).

Took him at 20 yards opening morning. Henry 45-70 (H010CC) with 300gr Barnes TSX, 48.5gr H4198 in Starline case, Wolf primer.

Did not measure anything yet but the inside spread, which was 20 inches.

Edited to add another pic.

Attached picture IMG_for posting.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1644 for posting.jpg
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Got my son-in-law on this buck on my place in Ozark County (not really known for big bucks at all).

Took him at 20 yards opening morning. Henry 45-70 (H010CC) with 300gr Barnes TSX, 48.5gr H4198 in Starline case, Wolf primer.

That's a nice deer in ANY part of the state, period.

I've hunted Chariton County, MO all my life, and it's got big deer, but that one is good anywhere. Two thunbs up.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/20/19
wife got a 12 point opening day, i passed on one that looked like yours Blu on the first night. other then babies and dinks its been hard going, not much day time movement. heading back till next tuesday in the morning i only take about a day off from hunting the whole season
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/21/19
Well originally I wasn’t going to get out this year for rifle season but as it turns out I am sneaking out fri afternoon and hunt fri evening and Saturday morning. Then back home for the wedding.if the weather is dry I am going to use my hawken . If not it’ll be the .280
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/21/19
On point today. Wind in my face watching a creek bottom. Corn stubble to my back. This pic is behind me to my left.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Creek is 30 yards in front w a crossing on the left.
Posted By: skeen Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/21/19

Wow - nice buck!
Originally Posted by 30338
Sat with my nephew on Sat night. Told him it was does or a decent buck only. Had a spiker come out at 40 yards and glad we had discussed passing little guys. He finally snorted at us a few times and took off. May have winded us. About 10 minutes after he left, this one walked in to 75 yards. Close enough that even a 270 Winchester could kill him. Pretty decent buck for Greene County really.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Dandy!!!

Wowsers!!
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
On point today. Wind in my face watching a creek bottom. Corn stubble to my back. This pic is behind me to my left.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Thought I had posted in my MO opener thread.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: MO rifle bucks - 11/22/19
I had busy Saturday in North Missouri with a decent buck and two doe

[Linked Image from i165.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i165.photobucket.com]

© 24hourcampfire