Home
Posted By: broomd Solid buck for wife tonight.... - 11/26/19

Solid buck for wife tonight....that gal can work a doe bleat can like no one I've ever seen and damned if it doesn't get her the big uns....he came in on a string.
5+" beams on this old boy....
.308 Kimber Montana, 165gr.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s a great buck! Congrats!
Very nice!
Very Nice ! I’d be “pickled tink” !
Congrats.

Jerry
She shot a wise old heavy rack senior buck, congrats!
congrats. nice Buck
Good job.
She got a good un, and you got a good un wink
Very nice. Great mass from the pict. Congrats to your wife. You mentioned doe bleating, is that commonly used in your neck of the woods?
Congrats.

I use those bleat cans religiously. I have used it in conjunction with a grunt call and had excellent results calling bucks in.
Great Buck-Congrats!
Great buck!
Nice buck.
He looks like an old one, alright.
Great work to the Mrs.
Makes that rifle look like a toy laying there. Heck of a buck!
Super, super buck!!!!

Congrats to your wife.
Originally Posted by SKane
Super, super buck!!!!

Congrats to your wife.

+1, Congrats!
Outstanding! What brand bleat does she use and how does she use it?
Pretty cool. Congrats.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

X 2, I’d like to know too.

Jerry
Very nice! Congrats to her. It looks like that buck has seen some years.
Dry nice, I got a couple cans but never really gave em a chance.. Grats
Congrats to both of you very nice buck and you got yourself a nice doe I’ve always wanted to get my wife out hunting!
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Thanks fellas.

I'm of a 'less is more' opinion on stand, but wife continues to turn that thinking upside down.
She rarely uses a grunt tube, just rides that can during peak of rut.
Snapped a pic of the ones she uses; she prefers the smaller one, it's a bit more 'whiny' in sound...she swears by it.
She gives three consecutive calls (sometimes a few more) every ten minutes the entire time she is on stand.

The second pic is this same buck last year. Suspect he's a 5.5 year old given his mass last year.

Does she move around quite a bit? Or stay in one place? How long does she stay before moving? I’ve got a spot up in 11 a that would be perfect for this style of huntin I think. Thanks
Tell your wife congrats - that is a heck of a buck!! I've actually used that call you have in your pic - the one on the left. I've had it work on blacktail bucks during the rut.
Originally Posted by Judman
Does she move around quite a bit? Or stay in one place? How long does she stay before moving? I’ve got a spot up in 11 a that would be perfect for this style of huntin I think. Thanks

Renee never moves, once in she stays put.

She typically sets up near a thick bedding area and goes to work. It's hard for a buck to resist, especially if he isn't doe'd up. That buck last night came out in broad daylight looking for the source of the call, close to an hour before dark.

Obviously watch the wind, if a targeted buck comes to a call and gets a noseful before he can be killed, he'll be even more wary of future calling.

Congratulations to your wife! 👍 There seems to be quite a few “heavy horned” bucks being taken this year! Nice buck and a good choice of cartridge! memtb
Nice!!
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Judman

Renee never moves, once in she stays put.

She typically sets up near a thick bedding area and goes to work. It's hard for a buck to resist, especially if he isn't doe'd up. That buck last night came out in broad daylight looking for the source of the call, close to an hour before dark.

Obviously watch the wind, if a targeted buck comes to a call and gets a noseful before he can be killed, he'll be even more wary of future calling.

Copy that, and thanks, I got a spot like I was saying that’s a brushy sumbitch, I’ve found some 160” class sheds, and seen a 190” deadhead that came out of there, always pondered doin the sit call thing, but I’ve always hit the canyon/breaks country. I’ve finally realized I’m not gonna find what I’m lookin for , need to change my style, hit the brush and call. Thanks again
I love it !!
Congratulations
Heavy chocolate horns!!! Congrats!
Awesome Tell her Congratulations from the fire!

Mike
Awesome buck. Congrats to the mrs.
© 24hourcampfire