Home
Would you tag this one?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
After I shot him!
And I would takes lots of pictures too!!!
I a heart beat!
Twice a day and three times on Sunday. cool
Thats a $4500; to $ 7000; in buck in many places in Texas.....
And probably have a pedestal mount showing his “war wounds” on his neck.
In a heart beat.
Early season too!
Yep
Yarp
Would I have a reasonable chance of crossing paths with him next year or is he a FNG that showed recently?
It is a nice deer. Where I hunt, I would let him go and look for a low end deer to take home. I passed a 140”+ 10 pt and 150”+ 6x6 just last week. Just my personal approach.
Posted By: CBB Re: Late Season Buck... Would you? - 12/19/19
If you need someone else's opinion on whether or not to shoot. ....pass

Me personally he would die. Too much public land big woods here
Well.... let me see ? Never seen one like him in 47 yrs of deer hunting.....uhhhh

Only IF I had a CHANCE !!

Jerry
Posted By: RBO Re: Late Season Buck... Would you? - 12/19/19
Is that a big deer for the area you hunt? As was said above, I think if you’re questioning it then you should probably let it pass. In the area I hunt I know there’s a potential for some big deer so it’s got to be at least 160-170 before I’ll shoot. The last few years I haven’t shot a whitetail but I got lucky this year smile
I would gladly harvest that buck
He looks too skinny.
I gotta admit... I did. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He's 6 1/2. Post rut here, and he's pretty boney from chasing the does.

Best buck I've taken in awhile.

Used my .308 DB10 and Rem CoreLokt 150gr.
Originally Posted by RBO
Is that a big deer for the area you hunt? As was said above, I think if you’re questioning it then you should probably let it pass. In the area I hunt I know there’s a potential for some big deer so it’s got to be at least 160-170 before I’ll shoot. The last few years I haven’t shot a whitetail but I got lucky this year smile

The buck in question is about as big as they get in this area. I think you may have misunderstood my humor when I posted this thread... wink

I don't just trophy hunt. I'll get one or two deer a year for meat, and if I see a big buck I want, I'll take him when I can. It just worked out this year.... 2 out of the past 3 years, neighbors that own adjacent 5 acre tracts around me have taken the better bucks I was waiting for...

Sometimes you just gotta say say "This one is mine." smile
Posted By: CBB Re: Late Season Buck... Would you? - 12/19/19
Congrats on a fine deer
Nice buck, it looks like you still have some fine green feed left for this time of year.
Posted By: RBO Re: Late Season Buck... Would you? - 12/19/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RBO

The buck in question is about as big as they get in this area. I think you may have misunderstood my humor when I posted this thread... wink

I don't just trophy hunt. I'll get one or two deer a year for meat, and if I see a big buck I want, I'll take him when I can. It just worked out this year.... 2 out of the past 3 years, neighbors that own adjacent 5 acre tracts around me have taken the better bucks I was waiting for...

Sometimes you just gotta say say "This one is mine." smile

I totally understand, congrats on a fine whitetail. I”ve got it good comparatively where I am, way less hunting pressure with way more land.
RBO, yeah... there's lots of hunting pressure here.

Usually the more land you own, you can control that better. Somewhat. frown

But I think the most hunting pressure I've ever seen was on public land. Some of those areas that come to mind, you have trouble even finding a legal buck.
Nice buck rockinbbar - congrats!
Great buck rockinbbar! Congratulations!
Thanks guys!
Great buck rockinbbar!!
Congrats!
nice buck, my favorite week to archery hunt is the last week of December with snow on the ground and cold weather,old smart bucks move better to go feed earlier then.
Dandy buck there!
Great older deer there!
Posted By: RNF Re: Late Season Buck... Would you? - 12/23/19
Nice mature buck, congrats.
Very nice, no ground shrinkage there, I guessed him at a 3.5 year old 140 class in the live pic, but the kill shot he looks to beat that.
Nice buck Barry

Merry Christmas to you and all the other Texans.
Originally Posted by kroo88
Nice buck Barry

Merry Christmas to you and all the other Texans.

Thank you!

And to you and yours as well! smile
Good looking buck , rockinb

Nice rifle too
Congrats!!

That would be a top of the heap buck in this area.....
That's a beautiful buck Barry, and at 6 1/2 yrs old you couldn't have done any better. That deer is in the absolute prime of his life and won't get any better IMO. The biologists that oversee our MLD ground out here say that muleys at 7.5, whitetails at 6.5 are absolutely maxed out, with maybe a rare exception I guess but I'm not biologist. They claim that age class of deer are the perfect bucks to kill regardless of antler configuration.
Nice buck Barry!
Nice shooting Tex. Congrats on a nice buck!
Good one Barry!
Originally Posted by jwall
Well.... let me see ? Never seen one like him in 47 yrs of deer hunting.....uhhhh

Only IF I had a CHANCE !!

Jerry

Me to, 46 yrs. have never seen one like that.
well, heck i was gonna ask if you had a broadside view of him. looking just at the first pic i had him 3.5-4.5 yrs old. now on the post mortem pic he looks much older with the gray face so i woulda guessed older but he isn't sagging in the belly like a 6.5 yr old deer. not doubting you just saying he looks "fit" for a deer that old but a darn nice 'un to take and i'd be very proud to tag him.
Big Ed
That's a goodun, Barry. Congrats
Great buck
© 24hourcampfire