Home
Yes, it's 3' off the ground imbedded in a saguaro.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s cool man
Yeah it’s kool and

IMO it’s been there a while. No ?

Jerry
It has been there for a while. Middle of nowhere. Found match close by. Think he had unbalanced head and solved the problem....
Interesting.
I glassed it up before I was busy dealing with this. Went back....

Super cool Greg!

And congrats on that gagger!
[quote=GregW

----------------------------

S H A Z A A M ! ! !

Jerry
Super cool find and great buck!
Awesome find and dang nice buck
That's cool, Greg! smile
Must have gotten sick of a lopsided head.
Originally Posted by GregW

Nicely done! Congrats.
Originally Posted by SKane

Nicely done! Congrats.

Thanks guys. Solo spot and stalking huge country is a bit sporty....
Damn dude, great buck
Dang man that is a super nice buck Greg Is love to hear the story!
Been asked on the details. Glassed him up at almost 2 miles in his bed. Saw white patch (his face) in a mtn side Cholla patch. Hauled butt down mountain to get a better look. He wasn't there 30 minutes later. Finally found him up and feeding away from me. Saw he was headed up to a saddle.

Descended (ran) 300 feet down, then 400 feet up to try to beat him to saddle. He beat me by 20 seconds. I watched him feed away at 90 yards, just out of my range.

I watched him feed over another small saddle 200 yards from me until he went over the lip. I then hauled (quiet walk/trot) over to the lip. Found him. Ranged him. Shot him at 75 yards. He never knew I was there as he died even. When the arrow hit him he made a growl exactly like a coyote. Ran 80 yards, looked back uphill, face planted. Dead in 10 seconds. Heart shot at 75 yards. Shuttle T head.

Wow....great buck
And unique shed for sure
Been asked on the details. Glassed him up at almost 2 miles in his bed. Saw white patch (his face) in a mtn side Cholla patch. Hauled butt down mountain to get a better look. He wasn't there 30 minutes later. Finally found him up and feeding away from me. Saw he was headed up to a saddle.

Descended (ran) 300 feet down, then 400 feet up to try to beat him to saddle. He beat me by 20 seconds. I watched him feed away at 90 yards, just out of my range.

I watched him feed over another small saddle 200 yards from me until he went over the lip. I then hauled (quiet walk/trot) over to the lip. Found him. Ranged him. Shot him at 75 yards. He never knew I was there as he died even. When the arrow hit him he made a growl exactly like a coyote. Ran 80 yards, looked back uphill, face planted. Dead in 10 seconds. Heart shot at 75 yards. Shuttle T head.

That's a hell of a shot, and a hell of a buck! smile
Great work Greg! You have an incredible collection of big mule deer bucks.
Great find on both counts. Hell of a deer, Congrats
Way to go Greg, and congrats on getting a great buck on the ground the hard way. Nice shootin' too bud. You earn everything you kill, and this is a great example.

Who needs a Seekins PH when archery tackle works just as good? Nice job bud..😎
Great find & a typically beautiful buck Greg !

Enjoy the reward.
Very nice find!!
heck of a buck and shot. Glad he held still. A whitetail here would have been through the next saddle by the time the arrow got to them.

I used to shoot out to 100 in the 80s quite a bit. Then realized with our deer I needed to shoot inside of 20 mostly. LOL.

Really cool find on the shed too! I'd have been someone stuck it there, but then you mention the other shed and probably not.

That's a great day hunting. Congrats!
Congrats Greg!!!
Nice buck and shooting! Well done!
I enjoyed reading about the stalk, now that's really hunting. Congrats on the buck!

WOW! I can see how that would distract you from shed hunting! Great buck and even better shot. Congratulations!
Yes, it's 3' off the ground imbedded in a saguaro.

That's neat as hell.

I found one once in the crook of a tree 3 feet off the ground. It must have been bumped by the tree as the deer was feeding on the twigs and landed in the crook without falling all the way to the ground.
I guess someone else may have put it there then forgot about it, but suspect my first thought is correct.
Very nice, Congrats.
Neat find, nice buck
© 24hourcampfire