Home
Posted By: BwanaND Any carpenters around? - 01/17/20
Just curious if anyone has built their own deer pedestal mounts that would be willing to share?

I would like to make my own pedestal but am having trouble finding any plans so I thought before I started down the trial-and-error path I would see if anyone was willing to share. I understand folks might not be willing to share, especially publicly so PM me if that is preferred.

If I am overstepping here please tell me so, forgive me, and I will gladly trash this post.
Posted By: Hectortwsp Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/17/20
look at octagon aquarium stands for ideas that is what I did then add a fence post or tree stump dress it up with ferns, etc.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/23/20
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=deer+mount+pedestal
Posted By: hanco Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/23/20
Are you going to build frame out of wood or metal?
Posted By: BwanaND Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/27/20
hanco, the plan is to build it out of wood and add weight if necessary so that it isn't top-heavy.
Posted By: tzone Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/28/20
You could add a field stone or something to the base for ballast. I have always liked the pedistal mounts when on a fence post.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/28/20
plate of sheet steel of X thickness in the bottom will work for the counter balance. I think we use a plate of 3/8 or half about 12x12 and it holds a full moose skull with 68 inch antlers at a trade show. Thats heavier than your mount will be most likely.
Posted By: BwanaND Re: Any carpenters around? - 01/29/20
Good ideas, thanks.

I found a 17x17x27 display box at a store going out of business. Am planning to use it as the basis for my project with some additions for looks and function.
© 24hourcampfire