Home
I am always a bit hesitant to join organizations like this but given the struggles of mule deer, I am thinking about it.

Anyone have experience or other information to share?
Never heard of them. Are they a new org.?
I did some online searching and they were founded in 2012. There is also the Mule Deer Foundation which appears better established and publishes all their financials so they look like they may be a better organization.
MDF , RMEF. Stay with the two that do the work.
In a word....No.

PM me if you'd like some specifics.

HELL NO! Waste of money. Look at their financials if you have time. The founder (Joshua coursey) make sures to compensate himself VERY well. His previous job before this new gig was a used car salesmen.
Agree with the above. Most of your dollars will go to management compensation. Take that money you’d spend on a membership, and take a weekend to kill some coyotes, or a cow elk. That will do more for the benefit of mule deer than that group will.
Join SCI or Mule Deer Foundation.
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your help. Wasn’t easy to find their financials on the website which was a red flag. And only 3 board members which seems low. MDF, cow tags and coyotes it is!!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
RMEF

SCI

Muley Fanatic

Check out executive compensation as a percent of total revenue.

Another metric to evaluate non-profits is expense ratio. Administrative expenses (which includes executive and other compensation) vs Total revenue. I personally want to see expense ratio's around 10%.
© 24hourcampfire