Home
Posted By: Dinny All Done - 06/03/21
I started my Army career on 26 JAN 1994. It will end on 31 AUG 2021. I'm on terminal leave now and will finally have a chance to let the hair on my head and face grow out. Life is good! I'll be off the net for a while. We're moving back home soon.

Thanks, Dinny

Attached picture IMG_20210603_16450.jpg
Posted By: WTM45 Re: All Done - 06/03/21
Job well done! Thank you!
Dot every "I" and cross every "T" while wrapping things up.
Enjoy every day of retirement! Don't be a stranger here!
Posted By: MAC Re: All Done - 06/03/21
Congrats. I went on active duty in Dec 1988 and wrapped mine up in April 2014. It will be a transition that takes some getting used to.
Posted By: 44mc Re: All Done - 06/03/21
congrats. thank you for all your service enjoy your home timeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Posted By: MOGC Re: All Done - 06/06/21
Make sure you do all that's necessary before you get out to receive all the benefits you earned while in service. Go to the doc, take all the test, get the rating you deserve before you sign out. Have a plan for retirement from the service, it can be a shock after you're out. Best of luck to you, God bless!
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: All Done - 06/08/21
Thank you for your service.
Posted By: OGB Re: All Done - 06/08/21
Congratulation! I found it funny how after 20 yrs. some proclaimed how "lucky" I was. (to which I would reply that if you serve 20 you too can be lucky) while others in the chain of command considered me a "quitter". Don't listen to them. Enjoy what you've earned for a change. Aside from the aforementioned advise I will say this, take time to mentally remove the "uniform" before starting the next chapter. Decompress as best you can. Civilians are, well, civilians. They don't respond well to "aggressive conversation". Oh, and start saving for the next tax season.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: All Done - 06/15/21
Congratulations sir! Enjoy! You’ve earned it.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: All Done - 06/15/21
Congrats and Thanks for your Service!
Posted By: g5m Re: All Done - 06/19/21
Thank you, and Congratulations1
Posted By: 1minute Re: All Done - 06/19/21
Thank you, and all the best in coming endeavors.
Posted By: batch Re: All Done - 06/23/21
Be certain you have copies of ALL your medical records.My wifes records of her cancer and all treatments had disappeared at her separation but she kept copies of everything and when she told them all the records reappeared. She was a medic and it was duty related. My records of treatment post Desert Storm had the same problem. I'd picked up some weird infection there and had to have emergency surgeries. I had copies so mine reappeared, too. Trust but verify.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: All Done - 07/03/21
Congratulations Dinny and thank you for your service. Mb
Posted By: DavePrice Re: All Done - 07/05/21
Congratulations Dinny, I finished on Sept 30,1999. Only could let my hair grow for a bout 2 months before I got a hair cut.
Ready to retire again on Oct 28th!
Posted By: ATC Re: All Done - 07/06/21
Congratulations and enjoy retirement. . I retired in August 2008, seems like yesterday. I got another job with the DoD and in another eight years I'll be celebrating my second retirement.
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: All Done - 07/06/21
Congrats, and enjoy!
Thank you!
Posted By: RiverRider Re: All Done - 07/10/21
Enjoy retirement, Dinny, but not from the easy chair. I've lost count of the number of guys who retire from the military and don't survive a year afterward. I think it was because of lacking a sense of purpose, so stay busy!
Posted By: MAC08 Re: All Done - 07/14/21
Congrats on your well earned retirement! I retired in 2013 and found it takes a while to get into the swing of it. Enjoy and do the things you enjoy now.
Posted By: Jethro15 Re: All Done - 07/20/21
Congrats. Take the time to enjoy everything you haven’t been able to. Coming from someone who works in LE, your sacrifices are very much appreciated.
Posted By: Dinny Re: All Done - 09/01/21
Thanks to all! Tonight is my last night on active duty and I'm feelin' good.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: All Done - 09/04/21
I remember that night well. Thanks for your service Dinny and enjoy retirement. You have earned it.

Jim
Posted By: GeoW Re: All Done - 09/07/21
Thanks for your Service Denny!
Posted By: Hudge Re: All Done - 10/10/21
I know I’m a little late, but congratulations! I retired in 2018, and wish I’d retired at 20 instead of 21 years of service. I did the contract gig for a year, then came home and did all of my VA stuff. I was put in for a MEB 2 weeks before my six month this out before I could start my VA while still on AD. That stopped it and I fought the MEB, and got it overturned to a regular retirement just a few weeks before starting terminal. During all of that mess I accepted the contract gig and did my VA stuff with a month remaining from 1 year my official retirement date, so everything was back paid to me. Make sure you maximize your benefits and you earned them.

Enjoy life as a civilian, I sure as hell do! My stress level is 90% less then my last few years on AD.
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: All Done - 10/04/22
Get your hearing carefully checked, before discharge. It will be worth money to you later.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: All Done - 10/12/22
πŸ‘
Posted By: GAGoober Re: All Done - 10/14/22
πŸ‘
Posted By: Dinny Re: All Done - 10/25/22
Thanks everyone! I'm staying busy as a CNC machinist student. The VR&E program is paying my tuition and monthly stipend. I have a line on a good job working for a nearby AR15 manufacturer after graduation. Life is good!

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: All Done - 10/29/22
Sounds like a good path to take.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: All Done - 11/02/22
I like to hear of good things happening
for good people.
Posted By: splittinghairs Re: All Done - 01/26/23
Thanks for serving!

Don't turn your medical records over to any civilian doctor, you mat not get them back.

Good luck.
© 24hourcampfire