Home
Posted By: Bugger Veteran - 02/05/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: g5m Re: Veteran - 02/06/23
Funny. At least someone cared if the parking place was being misused.
Posted By: jamesh76 Re: Veteran - 02/25/23
smile
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 03/16/23
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Veteran - 03/30/23
👍🏻🇺🇸
Posted By: Seafire Re: Veteran - 05/01/23
Originally Posted by Bugger

laugh
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 05/07/23
Posted By: Rapier Re: Veteran - 05/09/23
Started wearing a hat just for such, it is a bit different, has a 60s Kaki short sleeve 101st patch, pocket pin center, and the Recondo (LRP) pocket pin right, silver senior wings on the left. Hat is Chinese, looks like a Marine cover, but is not, something I found in the bush.

If you want to feel real old, go to Tulsa and have the reinactors show up and telly you they are reinacting battles you took part in. It is a real experiance to be shown you are history.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 05/10/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photo host
Posted By: Seafire Re: Veteran - 05/17/23
Originally Posted by Bugger

Amen to that !
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 05/22/23
I’m active in the American Legion. We are the color guard for many events. We are color guard for all local veteran’s funerals. Sometimes we drive a ways for the funerals. It’s the respect all veterans deserve. If you don’t belong to the American Legion please consider doing so.
I’m also a life member of VVA. Good thing to join too.

Two classmates and a brother-in-law committed suicide when they got back from Vietnam. I believe that in no time in American history have veterans been treated so badly as Vietnam veterans.
Join these organizations, please. Support the veterans that need support. Give veterans the respect they deserve.
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: Veteran - 05/29/23
God Bless ALL who have served!!!

Happy Memorial Day as WE may never Forget All who Sacrificed for US!!!

HS 58
Posted By: Seafire Re: Veteran - 05/30/23
I spent 2 hours yesterday just sitting under a big tree in the shade over at Eagle Point National Cemetery here in Oregon, around fellow veterans who have gone before me...The Highlight of my day was a daughter, and wife and mother, stopped by in a kilt and her bagpipes and played Amazing Grace, three times in front of the resting places of three of her relatives, who rest there.

I could not have spent time for two hours in better company. The presence of our Lord, and American Flags waving in front of each gravestone and on top of the walls containing cremated remains.

a Blue Sky and a snow capped 8,000 ft Mt McLoughlin in the distant background.

That was my Memorial Day.
Posted By: g5m Re: Veteran - 05/31/23
Very nice!
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 06/01/23
Nice seafire!

I was honored to be able to talk at a Memorial Day ceremony.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Veteran - 06/01/23
© 24hourcampfire