Home
Posted By: Lawdog "Thanks for the Memory." - 07/28/03
Maybe this isn't the right place to post this but here it goes anyway. I got to see Bob Hope's USO show three times while I was stationed in Viet Nam. Made you forget where you were for a short period of time, at least for me it did. Now that he passed away yesterday I feel a strange since of loss that I can't seem to shake. Just wanted to say "Thanks for the Memory" again Bob. Lawdog
Posted By: T LEE Re: "Thanks for the Memory." - 07/29/03
One of the very finest is now gone. The true comedians are a thing of the past. He will be greatly missed by me for one. His show in 1966 at Ahn Ke was the most I had or have laughed at one time before or since. Truly a Blessed man that was a blessing to us young soldiers. Thanks for the memories Bob.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: "Thanks for the Memory." - 07/29/03
The hardest thing about getting old isn't that old age creeps up on you but that so often you have to watch those who made your life a little brighter go before you. Thanks and good luck.
When I was in Viet Nam I didn't get to see Bob' USO show, but I always admired him for comming. Whenever there were GIs over seas, Bob came. His brand of hummor seemed a little dated to me actually. But, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for Bob. He stood in sharp contrast to the likes of Hanoi Jane.
Posted By: Barak Re: "Thanks for the Memory." - 07/30/03
The true comedians are a thing of the past.

Oh, I dono. I'll bet Lawdog still has a story or two in him.
Posted By: T LEE Re: "Thanks for the Memory." - 07/30/03
DUCK AND COVER! INCOMING!
© 24hourcampfire