Home
Posted By: pinecenega Any Medics out there? - 10/24/12
I worked as an Independent Duty Medical Technician for most of my AF career. I was always real proud whenever someone called me "Doc". I spent a lot of time with forward air controllers.
The Bsd asses of the Air Force. And yes, This Doc is a TAC trained killer!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Any Medics out there? - 10/25/12
I was an Army 91 Bravo and a 91 Charlie....
Flew on Med Evac Crew for a while....
Ran a Med Section doing Flight Physicals for Chopper Pilots
Served in a MASH Unit for a while...
and had a few other opportunities...

and welcome to the Campfire..
90270. Got my seven level under 4 years . Unusual at the time, maybe not now.('66-'71)

Was called Isolated Duty Tech back then.
Posted By: Tested Re: Any Medics out there? - 11/29/12
Started off as a 91B medic, then went Engineer and am now serving as a Squad Leader for Infantry; deployed to Egypt right now. Coming home and got Elk, Ibex, Barbary Sheep and Hog hunts lined up in the two months after I get back.
Posted By: Elroy Re: Any Medics out there? - 11/30/12
I was an Air Force medic from 68-72. I was in line for my 7 level but I got out. I ended up as an E5 and was a 90250. I worked in the hospital at Sewart AFB, Tenn.(now closed) and at Little Rock AFB,Arkansas. I was also assigned to the 61st. Airlift Squadron and went TDY with them 3 times when they got deployed. It was the best job I ever had in my life.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Any Medics out there? - 12/10/12
Canadian Forces Medic: 1979-2006. Did both clinical and field medic duty plus 12 years as flight medic on CC130, Airbus and Griffon.
Man, ya gotta love the Herc. What a great way to live!
Posted By: ehntr Re: Any Medics out there? - 12/12/12
Originally Posted by troutfly
Canadian Forces Medic: 1979-2006. Did both clinical and field medic duty plus 12 years as flight medic on CC130, Airbus and Griffon.

hmmmmmmmm. Maybe we know each other? C130 LM 1982 - 2007. Randy I. Morinville AB
Posted By: troutfly Re: Any Medics out there? - 12/15/12
Originally Posted by ehntr
Originally Posted by troutfly

hmmmmmmmm. Maybe we know each other? C130 LM 1982 - 2007. Randy I. Morinville AB

Could be, I was posted to Edm 92-97(Sarajevo Airlift 93/94), then Trenton 97-2000(VK 97/98 with 408). Lots of domestic Medevacs plus Zagreb till I could darn near speak Croat! Retired out of Suffield in 06. Sure was a good life.
Jeff
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Any Medics out there? - 12/20/12
Thought some of you vets might like to see this. This is my dad somewhere in Germany in the spring of 1945. Either right before or after the end of the war.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: troutfly Re: Any Medics out there? - 12/20/12
JMR40
Thanks for the family history. Very cool. Combat medicine was a bit different in those days.
Jeff
© 24hourcampfire