Home
Posted By: Sillyak Warship ball cap - 03/31/17
Is it in bad taste to wear a Warship's ball cap if you are not in the Navy? I heard they gave out the generic hat as a gift to visitors and such, so I would assume not, but not being in the navy I don't want any stolen valour issues. I'm just a fan of Battleships!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AnsonRogers Re: Warship ball cap - 03/31/17
I have one just like that. Don't remember where it came from. I was in the Navy (and Air Force). I'd say wear it in good health. Good old ship, the Missouri. Japan didn't like it much.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Warship ball cap - 04/01/17
I bought one of those on the Missouri for my dad, a navy vet. Very cool ship.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Warship ball cap - 04/01/17
Considering the amount of merchandise made and sold today (to keep the ship preserved) there isn't a man alive under his late 80's who could have served on the USS North Carolina. It's a sure bet 99% of the people buying and wearing this gear never served on the ship - buy it and wear it in good health - you're honoring those who served. Big Mo - has a prominent place in naval and world history.

http://www.battleshipncstore.com/
Posted By: g5m Re: Warship ball cap - 04/03/17
When I see a hat identifying some ship I know something about I generally ask if the person served on it. Usually answer is "No" and it's no big deal either way.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Warship ball cap - 04/03/17
My ol' man wore a warship ballcap. BB 61 the USS Iowa, which he served on during Korea. All us kids bought one when we took the tour.....

[Linked Image]

Dad, me and my boys in front of the 16's....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wildhobbybobby Re: Warship ball cap - 04/08/17
It is only stolen valor if you misrepresent yourself. Otherwise it is a tribute to a fine ship and those who served on her.
Posted By: Sillyak Re: Warship ball cap - 04/08/17
Thanks for the clarification guys!

I'm going to see the USS Missouri in two weeks. I can't wait!
Posted By: MarkOue Re: Warship ball cap - 11/12/20
Go ahead and wear it. Buy a USMC hat and wear it also. It's good marketing for my Corps.
© 24hourcampfire