Home
Posted By: kragman1 Late war P38 price check - 07/28/18
Came across a very clean AC 45 9XXX lot B P38 today. Correct phosphate small parts, durofol grips, Nazi acceptance stamp.
Has black leather holster - probably original. Gun 90% holster 70%

From the date it seems to be made about a month or so before the factory was captured.
Thinking $800 but then I think that's low.

Anybody have a good read on the true value?

Thanks
Posted By: g5m Re: Late war P38 price check - 11/16/19
It's late for your post but probably $650-$800 for just the pistol and additional $150-$250 depending on which of the many P38 holsters it is and condition and if original.
Posted By: FatAlbert Re: Late war P38 price check - 01/06/20
Is the frame steel or aluminum? French put P38,s together after the war with French made aluminum frames and captured German parts as a lot of the parts factories were in the French zone.
Ha... Opened this thread thinking it was going to be about a Lockheed P-38 Lightening. LOL
Posted By: djs Re: Late war P38 price check - 04/06/20
I had a 1945 Mauser-made P-38 that a previous owner had polished and blued. While a beautiful finish, it destroyed the value; I got $400 for it and was told that in the original finish, it would have been worth about $1,200. This was about 8-9 years ago.
Originally Posted by highpockets1
Ha... Opened this thread thinking it was going to be about a Lockheed P-38 Lightening. LOL

I was wondering that as well the first time I opened it - also, "-J or -L?"
Originally Posted by Blackbat242

I was wondering that as well the first time I opened it - also, "-J or -L?"

That's what grabbed my attention....
Posted By: LouisB Re: Late war P38 price check - 04/30/20
As a man once told me, one can go down from a listed price, but NOT up!

From the range in prices, it sounds like you need a person that knows them well to give a fair appraisal.

Jus sayin.
Posted By: Flinglead Re: Late war P38 price check - 05/19/20
I have an AC45 P38 in very comparable condition (~95%), but without the holster. My serial is 9211b.

I value mine, according to auctions that I have observed within the last 6 months, to be worth around $900...and that is without the holster.
So yes, I'd bump your value up a bit.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Late war P38 price check - 04/13/21

Worse yet, I expected a discussion of the little can openers we wore on our dog tag chains. laugh
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Late war P38 price check - 05/19/21
We called our little can openers we got in C-Rats P38's. I had mine for years. Don't know where it is now.
kwg
Posted By: OGB Re: Late war P38 price check - 05/20/21
Originally Posted by kwg020
We called our little can openers we got in C-Rats P38's. I had mine for years. Don't know where it is now.
kwg

I clicked on this thinking the can opener was what was being discussed. HA!

Did you hang yours on your dog tags like the rest of us?
Thought you were talking the p38 Lightning thing 🤪
I was thinking P38 can opener also!

"price check" would be about $1.98 (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
© 24hourcampfire