Home
Posted By: JTrapper73 Uniform Change? - 10/30/19
I saw a briefing by a general on Fox News yesterday and he was definitely Army. His dress uniform was an olive with a tan shirt reminiscent of the dress uniform of World War II. It looked pretty cool!
My son is in the 82nd and he knew nothing about it. My Class A’s were green! No disrespect to the USMC but maybe the Army is getting away from the Marine Corps look-a-like uniform!
Posted By: BadHabit Re: Uniform Change? - 11/10/19
They are phasing in a new dress uniform to look old school. Should happen over the next few years. Right now our current dress uniform looks too much like the marines in my opinion. I want one before I have to get my next DA photo.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Uniform Change? - 11/21/19
I agree 100% BadHabit! I hope you get that new uniform before your next photo. Thanks for your service!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Uniform Change? - 12/01/19
Haven't seen the pic but if it makes the Army stand out that's cool. I'm a former Marine and I believe we each have our own skills that benefit this great country.

We have our uniforms you have yours, if you know what I mean
Posted By: northcountry Re: Uniform Change? - 12/04/19
Happy belated Birthday greeting Joel. How is the family doing especially the youngun. Madame doing well. Can reply private if you wish, Cheers NC

Sorry for the subject change.Mea Ciupa
Posted By: LouisB Re: Uniform Change? - 12/17/19
Isn't this new uniform a reinvention of the "Pinks and Greens" of the past.

Seems like I read that someplace in the recent past.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Uniform Change? - 12/17/19
I don’t know about “pinks” but I did see some khaki.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Uniform Change? - 12/17/19
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Haven't seen the pic but if it makes the Army stand out that's cool. I'm a former Marine and I believe we each have our own skills that benefit this great country.

We have our uniforms you have yours, if you know what I mean

I couldn’t agree more!
Posted By: Blackbat242 Re: Uniform Change? - 01/27/20
Of course, I still prefer this uniform from when I was much younger (and smaller in diameter):

March 1983
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Uniform Change? - 02/02/20
Originally Posted by Blackbat242
Of course, I still prefer this uniform from when I was much younger (and smaller in diameter):

March 1983

Looks good!
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Uniform Change? - 02/07/20
Good. The elevator operator look is dead. Strut your stuff GI's. Do the ladies get some retro WAC gear?
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Uniform Change? - 03/05/20
Yes, it is a basically a re-do of the Pink & Green from the 40's - the only problem is unless, you're enlisted you have to buy out of pocket - a new issue of this to meet requirements coat, pants, belt, shirt, tie, shoes, socks, jacket, overcoat will be north of $1000
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Uniform Change? - 03/05/20
Yes, it is a basically a re-do of the Pink & Green from the 40's - the only problem is unless, you're enlisted you have to buy out of pocket - a new issue of this to meet requirements coat, pants, belt, shirt, tie, shoes, socks, jacket, overcoat will be north of $1000 - this is one of the few times, I appreciate be retired
© 24hourcampfire