Home
Posted By: LouisB Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 01/11/21
My 1895 seems to have a pretty heavy trigger.
I shoot several Milsurp rifles so I know heavy triggers.
Now that, that is settled . . .

Any of you install one and did you get a nice reasonable trigger pull out of the install.

110 bucks worth???

3lb on (my) WWG trigger.

Adjusted the factory trigger sears on 6 others to 3.5lb.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 01/11/21
Suggestions on adjusting factory trigger?
Put in the happy trigger and bearproof ejector. Good lighter trigger pull and all works smoothly. I used stainless in a blued rifle. Looks good, no trigger wiggle. My 95 is one with the lawyer safety. Be well, RZ.
Originally Posted by LouisB
Suggestions on adjusting factory trigger?

See SWANY's, JBledsoe et al posts on Marlin Owner's site...you are responsible for ANY alterations to factory parts in any firearm.

http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Marlin_Sear.htm
Made a world of difference in my Guide gun.
Posted By: Wp75169 Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 01/16/21
It’s the first thing I do with a Marlin when I get a new (to me) one. Much better trigger than the factory one. It’s a DIY project. First one probably took me 45 minutes.

It’s my understanding that slight forward pressure on the hammer dry firing the rifle (safety first) will polish the factory trigger and eliminate the need for this. Although I’ve never done this I would assume it to be true, once a marlin has a few hundred rounds on it, the trigger slicks up nicely. Unfortunately most people never fire their rifle enough to know this. This can be done on the couch in one evening I would think. If I tried this I wouldn’t let the hammer hit the firing pin that many times, crossbar safety or caution, whichever.
Go over to Marlin Owners forum's gunsmithing section and read up on how to work your trigger. Not hard, and all the info is already posted with pics.
I've done it on a few that were pulling at 5+ lb. and crunchy, probably why the guys sold them, they are at 2 to 2.5 and crisp now. It will help you get to know your Marlin, they have pretty F'n cool insides, a design you can work on yourself, pretty easily.

A lot of that can also disappear on it's own........after 1000 rounds : )
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by LouisB
My 1895 seems to have a pretty heavy trigger.
I shoot several Milsurp rifles so I know heavy triggers.
Now that, that is settled . . .

Any of you install one and did you get a nice reasonable trigger pull out of the install.

110 bucks worth???

I have had 2, 1 stainless, 1 blued. The blued trigger was not a huge improvement. I had it in an 1894 cowboy .32 mag for a while .. for some reason, the action did not feed well with the aftermarket trigger but worked fine with the factory trigger. Don't understand how a trigger change affects this, but it clearly did. The stainless trigger is / was great. It took the pull on a SS guide gun down to about 1.5 pounds .. better than any factory bolt action trigger available other than maybe Kimber. I sold the rifle maybe 10 years ago but I still have that trigger. I can't speak to other examples, but this specific one is brilliant and easily worth the $100+ price tag.

Tom
Posted By: goalie Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 01/25/21
I just put a whole "WWG happy tune kit" into my 1895GSBL.

The aluminum follower, one piece ejector, and trigger.

The trigger flop is gone, and the trigger is now a crisp 3lbs.

I would buy it again.
Originally Posted by goalie

I would buy it again.

I've added the same parts. I liked the thought of a one-piece ejector. I know original ejectors are known to be reliable, but my luck is that my anvil would break if I hit it with a rubber hammer....
Posted By: pricedo Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 11/25/21
Have WWG trigger and ejector in my 336SS and 1895GS ... money well spent.
Wish my Browning BLRs had fantastic triggers like my Marlins.
Marlins best feature is that they are easy to work on and modify even if you are not a gunsmith.
So many after market options.
Originally Posted by goalie

I would buy it again.

^^^^

Did the same to my 1895SBL.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 12/13/21
I put a WWT in an 1894CL and it made a world of difference. That was the worst triggered Marlin I've ever bought.

Went from over 6# break to under 4 and much smoother pull. Well worth the price, which was about $75 at the time, iirc, been a long time ago.

They are great triggers.

If they weren't so expensive, I'd put 'em on another half dozen Marlins,
Screw that. With just a little work the factory trigger shines like a new penny.

Uh...everyone knows THAT.

Adjusted 6 of mine to ~3lbs.
Posted By: jeeper Re: Wild West Trigger for 1895 - 12/17/21
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Screw that. With just a little work the factory trigger shines like a new penny.

I know people that should not work on triggers. I think We all do.

Yeah, you are right about that.
Well worth the money to me. Light and smooth.
© 24hourcampfire