Home
Posted By: CHS Camp 9 - 11/26/21
I am looking at trading some work for a marlin model camp 9 and was wondering what people’s experience for this were both good and bad. It will ride in my gun rack in the pickup
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Camp 9 - 11/30/21
This is worth a look.

https://gunblast.com/Marlin-Camp9.htm
Posted By: CHS Re: Camp 9 - 12/01/21
Thank you very much
Posted By: wink_man Re: Camp 9 - 12/03/21
Great little guns, but a couple of things you should know.

First thing you'll want to do is replace the buffer, even if the gun has seem little use, time hardens and breaks up the buffer, and will eventually result in a cracked stock.
And fact is you won't find a replacement stock for it.
At the same time, to make the new buffer last longer, replace the original 11 pound recoil spring with a 16.5 pound recoil spring. Both are available from Midway.
Link:
Buffer & Recoil spring
Scroll down to bottom of page to see the recoil spring.

Relatively easy to change as shown in this video:

In regard to a reddot, as per that article, I much prefer(if you can find one) an old school Weaver Pivot base/ring setup so you can flip the scope to the side and use the irons too. You can sometimes find them on Fleabay, same base as the Marlin 336.

I set mine up that way with the Weaver Pivot mounts and a Bushnell Banner 1.5X4.5 variable scope, very pleased with it.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: wink_man Re: Camp 9 - 12/03/21
And if you want extra magazines, the Marlin Camp 9 takes Smith & Wesson 59 magazines.
Posted By: CHS Re: Camp 9 - 12/08/21
Thank you very much I appreciate the help
Posted By: saddlering Re: Camp 9 - 12/09/21
Ha was just going to this this question my LGS has a used Marlin camp 9 with a plastic black stock it's got the folding folding shoulder shoulder piece is 469 a good grab only one magazine?
Posted By: wink_man Re: Camp 9 - 12/11/21
Originally Posted by saddlering
Ha was just going to this this question my LGS has a used Marlin camp 9 with a plastic black stock it's got the folding folding shoulder shoulder piece is 469 a good grab only one magazine?

It sounds like a good buy especially if it is clean, to me, but I haven't really seen any with plastic stocks priced or sold.

What I can tell you is that the wooden stocked ones on Gunbroker tend to sit and do nothing if the starting price is over $600. The ones that start at a penny tend to go up to around $600.

My LGS has 2 right now, both pristine(but no checkering) for $850 and the other for $950 with original box, but they are just sitting there no takers.

Magazine are pretty much a non issue, the Camp 9 takes Smith & Wesson 59 magazines, I found them on Fleabay pretty reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Garry
Posted By: saddlering Re: Camp 9 - 12/11/21
Thanks I'm going back on Monday to look at it better.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Camp 9 - 12/11/21
That price is a steal, around here they bring $600. and up !
Posted By: saddlering Re: Camp 9 - 12/17/21
I put the camp 9 in LayAway today for $450 good price, black stock with a folding shoulder butt. One 12 round mag with it! Looking forward to getting it out after the Holidays.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Camp 9 - 01/05/22
I got my camp. 9 out of the LayAWay yesterday, had gotten a new bolt stop and a 16 1/2 recoil spring, before I got the gun out, watched the clip today, sure enough the bolt stop was falling apart. New install went good. Like to thank all for the info on the camp 9, can't wait to get out and shoot it. Snow storm here for today and tomorrow..
© 24hourcampfire