Home
Posted By: Joel/AK Skinner sights? - 02/27/22
I'm looking at putting a peep on my 1894. Anybody have one? Are they compatible with factory front? Looked at the xs but don't want a rail.

Thanks
Posted By: Mike78 Re: Skinner sights? - 02/28/22
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I'm looking at putting a peep on my 1894. Anybody have one? Are they compatible with factory front? Looked at the xs but don't want a rail.

Thanks

XS has them without a rail.

You'll need a taller front sight with the Skinner
Posted By: troutfly Re: Skinner sights? - 03/02/22
I have them on my 1894. Great sight but you will need to change out the front sight too.
Worth the effort imho.
Jeff
Posted By: waterrat Re: Skinner sights? - 03/02/22
I had to change my front sights on mod 71 and Marlin 39 too,, a call to Williams and the fix is in!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Skinner sights? - 03/02/22
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Thanks

I got rid of mine. They seem great but fall short. The vertical adjustment wasn't fine enough. I replaced them with Williams receiver sights .. worked a lot better for me.
Posted By: Buckster Re: Skinner sights? - 03/02/22
Love the Skinner set on my 336 - very low profile and looks very clean.

Bought their front sight as well and easy to file down for perfect alignment. No issues with POI.

Recommend purchasing the smaller aperture in addition to the medium size that it comes with.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Skinner sights? - 03/03/22
Thanks guys
Posted By: Sparkymarky Re: Skinner sights? - 03/06/22
I love the Skinner sights. Their cases are sweet as well. I agree with everything Buckster said. Just my 2 cents worth.
Posted By: battue Re: Skinner sights? - 03/12/22
"Skinners"....Preferred when a "drop" test matters....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] laugh

Posted By: 300_savage Re: Skinner sights? - 03/12/22
You'll love them, but will need a taller front sight.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Skinner sights? - 03/12/22
Bulletproof !!
© 24hourcampfire