Home
Posted By: Rawhide67 OMG - the price! - 04/04/22
Local auction yesterday, upstate NY, sold a used stainless Guide Gun for $1600. I dint look to see if it was a JM or Remlin. But that price seems nuts. Is that the going rate now?

A Plain Jane 336 in 35 rem went for $750. Maybe I’m just getting old, or cheap.
Posted By: KenMi Re: OMG - the price! - 04/05/22
If it was an SBL, that is on the very low end of what they sell for
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: OMG - the price! - 04/05/22

When at all possible...buy the gun that you're wanting!
Posted By: EdM Re: OMG - the price! - 04/05/22
Originally Posted by Rawhide67
Local auction yesterday, upstate NY, sold a used stainless Guide Gun for $1600. I dint look to see if it was a JM or Remlin. But that price seems nuts. Is that the going rate now?

You buying or selling?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: OMG - the price! - 04/08/22
Originally Posted by KenMi
If it was an SBL, that is on the very low end of what they sell for

^^^^

I have been offered stupid money for my 18" SBL. If GB now serves correctly, they have actually come down a smidge.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: OMG - the price! - 04/10/22
Sadly you are afflicted with "I remember when".
Many of us are....
Posted By: dla Re: OMG - the price! - 04/14/22
Originally Posted by Rawhide67

I like to have filled my shorts when I saw the prices people were asking for Guide Guns. I paid around $600 for my Stainless Guide Gun in 2001.

I still like my thumper, but cashing it in would give me a bunch of toy money.
Posted By: BLR358WIN Re: OMG - the price! - 04/18/22
I passed on a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag in good shape on Thursday for 829. 5 guys gave me hell for not buying it!!!! I thought the 44 mag was the most common?
Posted By: Teeder Re: OMG - the price! - 04/23/22
There was a 336 D in .35 Rem I was watching about a week ago that went for just under 3k.
Posted By: wyosteve Re: OMG - the price! - 04/28/22
Guess my customized stainless Trapper and custom 2 piece take down 1895's will treat me better than the stock market!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: OMG - the price! - 04/29/22
Prices are stupid. Just seen on GB a Rossi mares leg in 357 going for $930 with 38 bids. WTF?? I have one and it's not worth it.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: OMG - the price! - 06/10/22
It only has to be worth it to one person.
Posted By: 1minute Re: OMG - the price! - 06/10/22
It only has to be worth it to one person.

Disagree. It takes two to drive up the price in an auction.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: OMG - the price! - 06/11/22
In an auction it generally takes two.

What’s a 336 D?

Sounds like savage 99 lingo?
Posted By: domit Re: OMG - the price! - 06/11/22
saw a ruger stainless 1895 today at lgs for $1100 bent front sight and all!
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: OMG - the price! - 09/13/22
Seen two Rossi model 92 in .357 wood and blue 850.00 each both sold. Local flea market.
Posted By: oldtimr1 Re: OMG - the price! - 09/15/22
In 2013 or 14 I paid $400.00 for a like new ported 1895, a JM gun in 45-70 and the owner threw in two boxes of Winchester shells and the rifle had a new 3-9 scope on it as well, only a few shots fired out of it. He was asking $450.00. I saw it advertised on a sportsman's message board and called the guy and met with him. Seems he had creeped up on the rifle and when he fired it the scope hit him on the eyebrow and laid him open, he didn't want t fire it again. A couple of years later I was seeing them advertised used for 8 or 9 hundred dollars. I love the gun, I have taken a Bison and a bunch of wild boars and several deer with it with it. I will never sell it as long as I am able to hunt, I don't care how much the price increases. The hole in the Bison is the exit hole. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: killerv Re: OMG - the price! - 09/19/22
Originally Posted by BLR358WIN
I passed on a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag in good shape on Thursday for 829. 5 guys gave me hell for not buying it!!!! I thought the 44 mag was the most common?

That is about as cheap as you will find one, should have snatched it up if you were in the market.
Posted By: 1badf350 Re: OMG - the price! - 11/24/22
LOL I saw a NIB 1895MR at a gun auction in 2008 go for $325
Posted By: bearbacker Re: OMG - the price! - 12/20/23
I paid $350 plus tax for my 1894 in 357 about 2010 and $400 for the 1894 44 mag about 2012. It seems to me either one is worth about $1000 or $1200 now from prices I see at gun shows and online.

As for online auctions, it only takes one serious bidder who really wants it and one a**hole to bid up the price. And it's not unheard-of for the seller or seller's cohort to be the second bidder just to make the poor sap pay their price. Then there is the auction mentality too.... I have seen buyers overbid just to "win" the auction. It becomes more about winning than about buying the item up for bid.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: OMG - the price! - 12/21/23
Prices have been crazy for a while now and I don’t see them going anywhere but up. Have you looked at the prices of the new Ruger made Marlins ?
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: OMG - the price! - 12/21/23
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Prices have been crazy for a while now and I don’t see them going anywhere but up. Have you looked at the prices of the new Ruger made Marlins ?

And they can't build them fast enough. Most are selling for above MSRP, that's why I don't own one. When the price comes down to reality, I just might pick one up.

For now, I have a very good shooting JM that has taken its fair share of pigs, bear and whitetail.
Posted By: killerv Re: OMG - the price! - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook

My lgs just put got a one of the new 1894 44mags, sticker is under 1k.
Posted By: Bugger Re: OMG - the price! - 01/16/24
Last year at the Tulsa show there were many 336’s for sale. Most were priced at $1,200, some at $1,400 and I found a couple just under $1,000.
I’ll be going again this year. At those prices my JM 35 Remington is for sale.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: OMG - the price! - 01/16/24
Local store got a Ruglin 1894 .357 Magnum in a few days ago, they're advertising it on an Idaho classified site at $999. With state 6% tax that's $1,059 out the door. I figured it would be gone that day but it's still there.

Couple of new 1894 .357's just sold on gunbroker for $971 fixed price and $985 auction price, so add $30-40 shipping, tax and FFL fee to those prices.

Sportsman's Warehouse and another local chain are asking around $1099 for those but they haven't received any in stock yet. That's still expensive but it's better than the MSRP + premium that a lot of dealers were and still are asking.

Very tempted to go look at that one for $999 but it's on the other side of the county, it's very cold right now and we have a lot of snow on the ground, so it's easier and warmer to web surf... wink
© 24hourcampfire