Home
Posted By: RandyR Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 08/09/11
I know you might hurt the resale value but for a dedicated hunting weapon I am just thinking of upkeep on a 338MX.
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 08/09/11
I have a rough looking 1894 44 mag I am considering taking over and having Birdsong coat with their Black-T. If you never intend to sell it, then what does it matter?
I too have a rough looking 1894, and I was thinking of having it coated. I paid $250 for mine so I doubt coating it will hurt value much.
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 08/10/11
Same here. I say coat it and hunt with it.
I am not that familiar with coatings but wonder if they wear off over time on moving parts or would make the action stickier?
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 08/12/11
Birdsong I do know increases the slickness of the action. In the case of Birdsong Black-T the color might wear over time and a lot of use, but the metal is still protected at the molecular level as I was told. Might be a marketing gimmick, but they do stand behind their coatings with a lifetime warrenty.

As for Teflons, Ceracotes, and other baked on finishes I cannot speak to their effectiveness. Perhaps someone else might be able to.
Posted By: micky Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 08/13/11
When I get mine back I will let you know. My 336 is at the smiths getting a couple mods done and a cerakote.

micky
Posted By: awmp Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 12/24/11
I think it would only improve, not decrease the value.
Pictures.This thread needs Pictures.
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 02/20/12
Will post them when I get mine back. The turnaround at Birdsong can be lengthy.
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 03/03/12
As promised. Birdsong Black T, and had them electroplate the trigger again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can see where the metal was pitted, no longer a worry.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not bad for a 40 year old girl.
Mink,
That came out awesome! How much was it may I ask?

Thanks, Tom
Posted By: Mink Re: Anybody Cerakote a Marlin ?? - 03/06/12
Can not say what a dealer would charge to send it to them. But dropping it off, and getting this done would run under two bills I would think. They do offer military rates, and I am retired military. grin

You can call and arrange shipment with them over the phone. Good people.

http://www.black-t.com/
© 24hourcampfire