Home
Posted By: velcro Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 01/12/13
Anyone know where I can get a Gold Trigger for a 39 A or a heads up on how to restore the Gold color to the one I have?
The Dog
That's funny I was just looking at mine and realized that I had warn all the gold off the front of the trigger.. so I'm watching with interest.
Posted By: velcro Re: Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 01/12/13
I got first dib`s.
Posted By: lawnman Re: Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 01/12/13
Yea I got some interest too. Bought a '69 vintage a little while back in 98% condition. Though the trigger has some discoloring
Posted By: velcro Re: Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 01/13/13
Just found out Midway has them on Backorder should be in by 1/20 you can go on a BO list.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 02/08/13
Ha! I went the opposite direction. Wanted a more subdued classic look, so I took the gold off my trigger and blued it.

Different strokes and all that.

Paul
Numrich has the gold triggers listed under Marlin-39AS schematic.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/419370A.htm

They also show black and silver in stock.
Posted By: Mink Re: Gold Trigger for a 39 A - 03/18/13
Originally Posted by velcro
Anyone know where I can get a Gold Trigger for a 39 A or a heads up on how to restore the Gold color to the one I have?
The Dog

I had a Marlin 1894 coated by Birdsong a while back, had the electroplate the trigger gold again. Came out well IMO.

[Linked Image]
Excuse my ignorance. My 1945 39A is bare bones, not sure when the gold trigger came onto the scene. Gold leaf is very cheap and easy to apply. Would that work? Not sure how it would hold up.
© 24hourcampfire