Home
Posted By: SuburbanHunter XLR in .308 experience? - 11/23/14
A friend of mine asked if I knew anything about the Marlin XLR specifically in .308 since I don't I thought I'd ask here.

Any reviews, opinions, experience,etc with the Marlin XLR?

Thanks
Posted By: Wyogal Re: XLR in .308 experience? - 12/03/14
Google Marlinowners dot com. There's some good stuff on there regarding the marlin 308 express. On that forum, the advice was to avoid the MR serial # ones and the 91 serial # ones, as there were problems with them. I am currently looking for a Marlin in 308 express and there was one that I will probably try to trade for at a gun shop not far from me. I think the otd price was $599, and it is a used rifle, but we'll see.
I had a guy at the range shooting one next to me. He actually let me put a few rounds through it as well. It was a very nice rifle and had the accuracy of a good bolt gun. I have wanted one ever since.
Posted By: nhFrank Re: XLR in .308 experience? - 02/16/15
I had one for a while ,it was very accurate but kicked like a mule .and not much out there for ammo choice's
Kicked like a mule? Wow, I didnt think the one I shot kicked any harder than a .243...........Hb
Ex bro in law had one and both he and my nephew enjoyed using it for deer and antelope. He ultimately traded it off for something bolt action something or other.
© 24hourcampfire