Home
Posted By: catlover 444 marlin discontinued - 03/31/17
remlin in their infinite wisdom has decided to discontinue the 444 from their line up. stupid is is what stupid does.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 03/31/17
Never had one, but always wanted one!
Thats a shame but Im not surprised as we are talking about a Remington decision.......Hb
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 04/01/17
My first deer rifle was a Marlin 444. I wish I still had that fine lever gun.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by catlover
remlin in their infinite wisdom has decided to discontinue the 444 from their line up. stupid is is what stupid does.

they are bozos......

if a guy wants a real Marlin 444.......they are out there.....

great cartridge....Starline brass too !!!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 04/05/17
Originally Posted by kid0917
Never had one, but always wanted one!
.....Me too;.. Gotta keep an eye on the used market now.
Posted By: dh84 Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 04/05/17
Gun discontinued or ammo?
Posted By: catlover Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 04/05/17
gun
A buddy of mine has one of the XLRs. Darn nice and darn accurate rifle!
Posted By: EdM Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/01/17
I doubt they sell many these days.
They used to be sitting in eastern gunshops by the dozen.. No great loss,we have the 45=70!
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/03/17
I have two- a Marlin 444S and a Winchester Timber Carbine. That Winchester is a handful with the short barrel! Remlin's won't be missed much.
Posted By: moosemike Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/11/17
It's supposed to be back in the lineup for 2018

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2017/1/16/video-marlin-revives-the-model-444/
Posted By: pete53 Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/11/17
ever since Remington moved the factory Marlin guns are just not the same great gun anymore. as a dealer I don`t even want to sell them anymore to much warranty problems as a gunsmith tells me.but on the bright side if you have a older Marlin made back before the move of this gun factory ,those Marlin guns should have more value in the future. I have always enjoyed using Marlin guns,selling Marlins and now i kinda feel sad what has happened to this great gun company. in the past I even got to run the Marlin shooting booth for Bill S., Bill sure was a great man to work for. Marlin probably made the greatest 22LR lever gun ever made with the 39 A and now Marlin does not even make that great lever gun and that was a great seller for me too. look`s like if I still want to have a 444 Marlin on my long list I better buy soon,Pete53
Posted By: 21 Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/11/17
There are two mottos that I live by:

1.) If it doesn't sell, it will get discontinued.

2.) If I LIKE it, it will get discontinued.
Posted By: moosemike Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/11/17
Originally Posted by pete53
ever since Remington moved the factory Marlin guns are just not the same great gun anymore. as a dealer I don`t even want to sell them anymore to much warranty problems as a gunsmith tells me.but on the bright side if you have a older Marlin made back before the move of this gun factory ,those Marlin guns should have more value in the future. I have always enjoyed using Marlin guns,selling Marlins and now i kinda feel sad what has happened to this great gun company. in the past I even got to run the Marlin shooting booth for Bill S., Bill sure was a great man to work for. Marlin probably made the greatest 22LR lever gun ever made with the 39 A and now Marlin does not even make that great lever gun and that was a great seller for me too. look`s like if I still want to have a 444 Marlin on my long list I better buy soon,Pete53

My Remlins are as good as any of my JM's ever were.
Posted By: pete53 Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/12/17
good for you on your remlins ,I just know what I have seen and what a very good gunsmith says too. so I have no use for new remlins in my shop anymore, the Marlin/Remlin service department needs a lot of improvement before I stock any of these rifles made by Remlin
Posted By: moosemike Re: 444 marlin discontinued - 11/12/17
I've bought three Remlins. One was bad. Marlin replaced it with a good rifle about six weeks after I sent it in.
© 24hourcampfire