Home
Jeremy Renner's stainless "Guide Gun" is a star for sure!
I thought Wind River was one of the best new release movie's of 2017. The Marlin Guide gun is a major reason why.
I need to watch it.
Rented the movie and wasn't expecting much, I was wrong. Excellent movie!! Only one cringe worthy Hollywood scene which is a win in my book.
That's one of the few recent movies I had an interest in seeing. I'll have to run it down.
The minute I saw that rifle I anticipated its use on some bad guy's..... The scene where it finally got into play didn't disappoint. All in all a pretty good film, best new one I've seen lately.
Wow! What a great movie! That was a sweet 1895 SBL he was using. I thought the reloading scene was a nice touch too. I loved how he killed the last guy.
Overshare
If you like movies with a good moral message, strong independent characters and gratuitous lever action footage, this is the movie.
kwg

Agreed, it was an excellent movie. I rarely do this but went to watch it twice. Love it when the bad guys get their comeuppance.
I’m going to see if I can find it to watch tonight.
So I watched Wind River. It was a very good movie!

I liked how they kept making excuses for the weather not being consistent.
Looks like Badlands also got their 2200 and bino packs in it too.
Originally Posted by Mesa

An 1895SBL also starred in Jurassic World, used by Chris Pratt.
He was pretty rough with the chamfer tool. Good movie though.
Good camo clothing, too...have the same as well as the rifle. Added matching Gamehide head cover.

Great movie.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by Mesa

An 1895SBL also starred in Jurassic World, used by Chris Pratt.

Watched a feature on the making of Jurassic...Pratt was given a resin copy to pack around so that he wouldn't get...fatigued during filming.

watched it the other night.........wow good flick.......

wife even asked when he shot those bad guys.......

'what kinda gun is he using'

I said...just an ole Marlin 45-70............ grin

Just in case some of you don't know, Wind River was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan. He also wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario, both excellent movies.

Sicario 2 is coming out this year, which is also written by Taylor Sheridan.

If any of you watched Sons of Anarchy, he was the deputy Chief.

[Linked Image]
great movie to watch, I own the exact Marlin 45-70 guide gun that was used in this movie so for me it was extra special to watch when all hell broke loose !
As if this movie weren't special enough on it's own, it's brought to you by the Weinstein Group. Make of that whatever you wish.
Un huh. I let the local law enforcement be available as back up, even if I don't like the mayor.
I just checked, anyone looking to watch the movie, it's on Netflix. Looks like I know what I'm watching after work!
I just recently watched this on Netflix. Excellent movie IMO. Never had much of a desire to own a lever gun until I watched it. I really have to check one out in person !!
Originally Posted by SGT26
I just recently watched this on Netflix. Excellent movie IMO. Never had much of a desire to own a lever gun until I watched it. I really have to check one out in person !!

everyone needs a Marlin lever gun.......or two........
It is a very good movie - probably responsible for the prices that they are getting for that exact gun? The prices on GB are really hitting some awfully high figures right now!

PennDog
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by SGT26

everyone needs a Marlin lever gun.......or two........

Yeah...of each model.
© 24hourcampfire