Home
Hello all,

I just received a really nice Marlin 39A with a serial # of L23xx. It has a 20 inch barrel and straight stock. It is drilled and tapped on top of the receiver. Microgroove is not stamped on the barrel, so I believe it is Ballard rifling.

Question: Is this a rare rifle? The rifle is going underneath the Christmas tree for my son.

Thank you
RAS
good for you I gave a 39a to my son also 15 years ago ,son still has the 39a the only thing we change back then was i put Williams peep sites on the 39a. I found another good used golden 39a but my eyes are just not as good as they were,so I decided to put a scope on my used 39a ,I was fortunate that I kept the scope base that came with my sons new 39a from years ago, marlin did provide a scope base with all new 39a`s. these 39a bases might be hard to find so you might need to advertise to get one or do as I did for my son get Williams peep sights for this 39a. good luck,Pete53

not sure how rare.......but is an golden oldie............

loook around on Google..........

http://marlinspares.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Marlin-Date-codes-ver8-396mb2-1024x791.jpg
© 24hourcampfire