Home
Posted By: bbassi Advice on a 39a - 12/21/17
Looking for opinions here. I just lucked into a '57 Mountie, and I'm looking for a correctly sized scope or peep sight for it. I have an old Marlin 3/4" scope but it's real blurry. I'd like to find something that looks "right" on it but will allow my old eyes to enjoy shooting it. Pictures would be welcome too. It did come with the Marlin scope rail attached.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/21/17

something with straight lines..........

20mm bell.......I like the Weaver 1-3x20.......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pete53 Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/22/17
I put a new 1inch tube 4x on my 39a this ,and glad I did
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/22/17
I have a Williams peep on my old 39.....it's plenty accurate out to 50 which is as far as I ever shoot it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bbassi Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/22/17
That's the direction I'm leaning Fieldgrade. I have other 22s that are scoped. My only concern is losing the dummy screws and rear sight that would have to come off. I guess that's what safes are for.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/22/17
Yea.....I got no beef with others that scope a lever gun but I can't bring myself to do it.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Advice on a 39a - 12/23/17
You might look for a Leupold Alaskan. They were a 3/4” tube I think and would fit pretty well. Been a long time since I’ve had my hands on one but I remember the 4x being a nice compact little scope. They are steel tube so look the part, but have optics with newer technology and better quality than the old stuff.
© 24hourcampfire