Home
Posted By: JimHnSTL New dress for an old girl - 12/26/17
So I have a early 60’s Mounty I bought a few years back at a smoking price because the original butt stock had gotten broken and the guy replaced it with a recent factory stock from Brownells. So it had this old beat up forearm and a new factory butt stock which came no where close in matching. So early this morning I find an ad on rimfirecentral for a complete Mounty stock set at a really nice price. No it still won’t be vintage correct but it will be nice looking. I’m not worried about collector value as I bought these for use in the woods and protection from hostile charging aluminum beverage cans, not going to sell them down the road. I’ll have to get some pics up when I get it in and the old girl gets cleaned up for a night on the town.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: New dress for an old girl - 12/26/17
Nice old guns, can't wait to see how this one matches up with good wood!
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: New dress for an old girl - 12/28/17
Received the stock set today. Nice looking wood done in a tru-oil finish. I’ll try to get some pics tomorrow.
"So" I'm anxious to see the end result.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: New dress for an old girl - 12/30/17
Well talk about disappointment, the butt stock does not fit up well at all with my rifle. So much so I’m sending the set back. This sucks as the set is really nice wood. I’ll post some pics of it none the less.
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12506067[/img]
So the seller offered me a full refund and I asked him if he would consider selling me just the forearm piece as it matched up well with the butt stock that I did have on it. I shot him a price I and he tells me sure but to go on ahead and keep the rear stock too. So now i’ll Have an extra Mounty butt stock laying around. If I find someone who needs one and can use it I’ll send what ever money they pay for it to the original seller. Seems only fair thing to do.
good guy list candidate.
© 24hourcampfire