Home
Posted By: Angus1895 Good laugh - 01/09/19
I was at my LGS doing a transfer.
I told him a Marlin was coming in, I bought it as an investment, and he was welcome to put it on the shelf for resale as I was not coming back around for a spell.

I looked around at the weatherbys,coopers, brownings....etc........no Marlins.

He was meowing earlier about a few financial hardships he was going thru.

I spouted off " eureka! That's exactly what this outfit needs! A few Marlins!"

He started laughing so hard I thought his Pepsi was gonna come out his nose!
Posted By: JBLEDSOE Re: Good laugh - 04/27/19

Was it a laugh of ridicule or a laugh of appreciation ?

Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Good laugh - 04/27/19

I hate seeing a Marlin in a store that I have multiples of that has better furniture than the ones I own!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Good laugh - 05/20/19
If people ain't buying he needs to try something else, but Marlins in that part of Idaho probly ain't it.
Posted By: byron Re: Good laugh - 05/21/19
Surprises me that here in central Wyoming the lgs keeps a fairly good supply of lever guns in stock. Mulling over a pre safety 35rem in very good to excellent condition.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Good laugh - 05/21/19
You see Marlins all through the woods in the east.

Probably not quite as popular out there.

-Jake
Posted By: byron Re: Good laugh - 05/21/19
They were very popular in Wyoming (at one time anyway). Still fairly popular, but the bulk of leverguns on the shelf here are Henrys. IMHO part of the reason for a decline in popularity is the move to machines instead of horses. No need for a saddle gun.
Posted By: comerade Re: Good laugh - 05/21/19
I am not sure about the reason for the laugh either.
I live in the west and horseback hunt exclusively and a modern levergun suits me.
I don't care much for the Marlin but Savage 99's , Win 88's , and especially the Browning BLR's are my choices. They sure enough fit a saddle scabbard well and are capable enough with modern rounds to work anywhere in the west.
My elk and Bighorn rifle is a BLR, but I like all leverguns more or less.
The levergun is an American invention ...I will stick with it
© 24hourcampfire