Home
I wanted one of these several years ago, but didn't get one. I want the regular old fashioned one with 20" barrel standard stock and standard sights, maybe a ghost ring. Don't want a scope on it, but so the only one the show has the rail mounts on top of the receiver all the way through where the rear sight is supposed to be. Don't want that. I want it to look traditional. Does anyone know if they are going to remake this in stainless? They do in 357 mag. It is light and would be my woods gun where shots would be less than 100 yards.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Marlin 1894 Stainless 44 Mag - 07/13/19
You could change the SBL to regular sights, but still would have the short barrel
Posted By: TimZ Re: Marlin 1894 Stainless 44 Mag - 08/02/19
I just bought the blued version with maple stock, love it. Going to put the Skinner peep sights on it, they are on the way. Just an idea....

Tim

here's my clean one owner........bought new in 2005

they turn up every so often......$900-1K usually

Weaver 1-3x20 scope

[Linked Image]
I have the same 2004 in ss This is my to go for deer. Very nice gun. Mine is .44 mag. Good luck. They are 1k to 1200.00 around here.
If you're still looking, I have a JM stamped SS 1894 44 Mag w/ XS ghost-ring sights for sale......I'll be posting a bunch of items in the classifieds soon but feel free to PM me your contact info if you want a shot before it goes up for sale.
Here is one

http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=378208
Originally Posted by Gristle

this states 'non JM'

but S/N reflects 2009 mfg date

paid less than $500 for mine new in '05
I picked one up here in CO couple months ago for $1k, I really like it.
© 24hourcampfire