Home
I have a newer 336W, and hate the trigger.... want to lighten it up some, to be more like my win 94.

What is your recommendation?
- Find a gunsmith and do a "trigger job" to the existing trigger
or
- Buy and install an aftermarket trigger from someone

???

Thanks for your suggestions!

I put a wild west guns trigger in my Glenfield years ago. Easy peasy and a huge improvement.
I put a Wild West Guns trigger in my Marlin. 3#, very crisp, and gets rid of the slop in the trigger. They are out of Alaska, their parts seem to have gone up in price since I bought mine. Also put in their one piece ejector at the same time.
You can put in yourself, which I like. You would have to see if it was cheaper than a gunsmith doing it now.
Originally Posted by SS336
I put a Wild West Guns trigger in my Marlin. 3#, very crisp, and gets rid of the slop in the trigger. They are out of Alaska, their parts seem to have gone up in price since I bought mine. Also put in their one piece ejector at the same time.
You can put in yourself, which I like. You would have to see if it was cheaper than a gunsmith doing it now.

+1

DF
Thanks much for the recommendations!

You folks have a super week.
Also look at the Ranger Point Precision's trigger replacement kit. I have used both and prefer the Ranger Point one.
© 24hourcampfire