Home
Posted By: SCGunNut WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/925161550
Ho Lee Fuq !!!

That’s just crazy! 🤪
Would you please let me know if it drops down to $350.00?
Posted By: BB3 Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
Why? Just why? There are some on there for buy it now that's quite a bit cheaper.
Posted By: SPK Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
That is just shy of insane. Plus $50 to ship. I simply don't get it.
The U.S. mint would be doing the citizens a favor if the $20.00, $50.00 and $100.00 were printed and rolled up like toilet paper. Right now the dollar has about the same value but less value then the toilet paper.

Crazy times needless to say

another example

https://utahgunexchange.com/ads/444p-marlin/
Posted By: 21 Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
Couple of guys with a NR rating driving it up. Makes me wonder........
Assuming the bids are real, it may just be that someone(s) with money we can’t begin to comprehend really wants one. It is very nice. For someone with REAL money, letting a couple or three thousand stand between you and something you really want would be kinda crazy.
There has to be at least 2 people bidding to drive up the price.
In this case it's Josonhixon and Mia959 that must love the Marlin 336.
and here's another Marlin 336 with scope but this one sold for only $756
Marlin Model 336 R.C. in 30-30 Win JM stamped Micro Groove w/Scope 1966

And here's a search of sold Marlin 336 rifles.
Search Marlin 336
Posted By: Rossimp Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
No disrespect, but there are very few Marlins I would spend that kind of money on, especially one made post 1960. There are however many Winchesters I would spend that kind of money on, even some made post 1960.
Posted By: pete53 Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/04/22
i have a real Marlin 45-70 S.S. GUIDE GUN with good peep sights i have shot 7 rds. thru it just might be for sale for $2100.00 tyd ? it kicks too much with my bad shoulders , its nicer than the 30-30 rifle in that picture .
Nuts .
90% of the intelligence is held by 10% of the population.
Posted By: t185 Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/05/22
Is there something special about that rifle? Or is it just the case of someone with more money than sense?
Makes me feel better about the 1969 model one I bought last week for $240
Something fishey in my opinion going on with that auction,notice the people running up the bids arn't even registered members on GB, and have no past purchases or feedback.

May have a case of "SHILL BIDDING" going on but it's just my take on it,maybe I'm wrong it will be interesting to see "who wins" the auction.
Posted By: msinc Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/06/22
Crazy times....at the Barrett Jackson car auction last month an AC Cobra that was not an original Shelby sold for something like $985,000.00. It wasn't a kit, there were a couple companies that offered finished cars. This was one of them. Must have either belonged to someone or two alcoholics were not going to be outdone...probably the same thing here.
Guys, it is now over 5K!!! What am I missing? I'll repeat: What The FU*K is WRONG With People? Surely, there is some skulduggery afoot!
Posted By: rem141r Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/06/22
paying 5k for a 336 is gods way of telling you that you make too much money
Originally Posted by Mossyoak1957
Something fishey in my opinion going on with that auction,notice the people running up the bids arn't even registered members on GB, and have no past purchases or feedback.

May have a case of "SHILL BIDDING" going on but it's just my take on it,maybe I'm wrong it will be interesting to see "who wins" the auction.

I tend to agree with your assessment. The question is will it work?!
Posted By: Bugger Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/06/22
I have a very nice waffle top Marlin 30-30 that I’ll sell for 1/2 the final price listed and I’ll ship for free.
I've had a couple of non paying bidders on GB the past year. They need to police their site.
Posted By: Bugger Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/06/22
Let’s see - don’t pay - lose privileges - start all over anew.
$10,024.00 with 3hours and 50 minutes to go.

Time to sell?
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/07/22
And to think a friend of just picked up a commemorative Winchester in 30/30 for a couple of hundred bucks. He showed it to me the other night.... Dam, I offered him a grand. He told me to pack sand....lol I don't blame him
That has to be the most produced gun that Marlin made, and they were probably producing > 10,000 per year, for over 50 years. There is absolutely nothing special about that gun. Insane.

There's hope that my extra 1895GS JM (unfired and NO handling marks whatsoever) is building value.
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

There's hope that my extra 1895GS JM (unfired and NO handling marks whatsoever) is building value.

Sell now. I’m not joking.
The winning bidder seems legit and has bought several guns this month on Gunbroker for $4000 to $25000? More money than sense maybe? Won the lottery?
One of them is a Forum employee.

Dick
Posted By: yar Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 03/30/22
Condition, condition, condition . Originality and people flush with money. We can not fathom the wealth that is out there.
That auction seems to prove the old saying that there's a sucker born every minute.

Who would have thought that any regular production Marlin 336 would sell for that kind of money?
Posted By: EdM Re: WTF is Wrong with People?? - 04/02/22
Frankly, I have never been bothered with how one chooses to spend their money. There are more than a few privately own Lear jets flying.
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Until Ruger releases something close...
260Remguy: This "sale" indeed seems to be a puzzle of extraordinary "puzzlement"!
Until you realize/consider that this is "gunbreaker"!
And NOT every sale on gunbreaker is a legitimate transaction.
I will not use gunbreaker and advise my friends of my concerns thereof and relay to them the scams other friends have endured AND engaged in, thereon!
My advice avoid gunbreaker and do your gun deals/dealings IN PERSON.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
If that was a legitimate purchase I'd eat my hat.

I'm more inclined to say sort of internet shenanigans or money laundering.....😉
© 24hourcampfire