Home
Anybody have a guess when Ruger will have some 30-30's and 44 Mags coming out and also what the sticker price will be?

Are there any cartridges less well known that might make an appearance like the 7-30 Waters?
The 1894's were supposed to have been out already but production was delayed.
I would like one in blue, but I want no part of a levergun in stainless. It just ain't right in my scheme of things.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I would like one in blue, but I want no part of a levergun in stainless. It just ain't right in my scheme of things.

I agree
Originally Posted by pullit

I agree
Same here. No laminate stocks either.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by pullit

I agree
Same here. No laminate stocks either.

It's like putting spinner rims on a 49 Ford.
Word was the 1894 SBL was going to be first up. We shall see.

As long as they drop the 1 in 38" twist rate bad idea
I’ve never had an issue with stabilizing bullets in a 44 Mag.
I’ve had maybe 6 different 44 Mag rifles/carbines and many more than that revolvers/pistols.

Spinning the bullets faster to what end?
There are guys that want to shoot real heavy bullets (300 grain) in the 44 mag
Originally Posted by WStrayer
I have a 320 grain plain base mold and it shoots very accurately. Granted I mainly shoot that bullet in my Ruger Super Black Hawk. I don’t see the need to spin the bullets faster?
I mainly shoot cast bullets in my pistols and revolvers and maybe 50% in my rifles/carbines.

I did have a problem with an early Marlin 444 and that cast bullet shooting accurately. But I didn’t play with sizing the diameter to fit that micro groove barrel (or really much dinking with the load either) as I only had one sizer for the 44 at the time. The bullets went straight into the target but they were not close together.
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by WStrayer
I have a 320 grain plain base mold and it shoots very accurately. Granted I mainly shoot that bullet in my Ruger Super Black Hawk. I don’t see the need to spin the bullets faster?
I mainly shoot cast bullets in my pistols and revolvers and maybe 50% in my rifles/carbines.

I did have a problem with an early Marlin 444 and that cast bullet shooting accurately. But I didn’t play with sizing the diameter to fit that micro groove barrel (or really much dinking with the load either) as I only had one sizer for the 44 at the time. The bullets went straight into the target but they were not close together.

My 1894 44 mag is a laser with all sorts of 240's, and will not shoot any 300 grain bullet well at any speed. I never saw them hit sideways but they were shotgun groups.
© 24hourcampfire