Home
Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated

Regards
JMV
NcStar mount and Weaver rings.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have a Leupold rifleman Weaver style base with super low Burris Zee rings on mine. They don't make super low Burris Zee's anymore but I have seen them for sale on e-bay a couple times.
I just put some Warne bases and low Burris Zee rings on my 336 in 35 Remington. Just right on hammer clearance.

1.5x Burris FF. USA made.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
i have Weaver base and rings but i'm contemplating going with Talleys.
I put low Talley's on mine and wouldn't change them.
I have Weaver bases and rings on mine
I like the Warne "quick detachable" rings. With just the flip of the lever I have open sights available. If you ever drop or damage your scope , & your way back in some place , being able to quickly remove the damaged scope without the need for tools & have the use of your open sights can save a hunt. Even if your only a few hundred yards from your vehicle you can encounter game on your way back. Known as being prepared.
For the money and availability, Weaver is hard to beat. Not much recoil on these guns so I never worried about coming loose.
I once had both a 338 ME and a 450 ME. I put a Leupold QR base on both and swapped the scope back and forth. I was lucky in that poi was only an inch difference between the two.
I think I still have the rings and bases although the guns are gone...
Weaver works for me...
Weaver swing overs. No contest.
Allows use of irons or a peep. Accurate enough repeatability for a thutty thutty based cartridge.
Hell. I have run them on a bunch of guns.
Warne mount and burris zee rings low
In the category of what NOT to get are the old school one piece leupold or redfield bases, with the steel rings. Heavier'n hades.

Technically they work great but take away from the principle of the lever as a light fast, easy to carry rifle, unless of course, you have a gunbearer who can pass it over to you when it's time to shoot.
I have a hard time buying anything but talleys these days.
I have Talleys on my .444 Marlin. If I scoped my 336 I would put the same thing on it.
© 24hourcampfire